Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 432

Thread: An nMonte and 4mix Guide for the Participants of the Basal-rich K7 and/or Global 10 T

  1. #401
    Junior Member
    Posts
    5
    Sex
    Omitted

    I have both my target and input files made for Basil Rich K7. I have my target file on Global 10, but haven't gotten my input file made yet. However, I am having some problems with this ...

    Before using nMonte with R, make sure that the nMonte R files, input file and target file are in the same directory. Open R and click Change dir… from the File menu and choose the directory where the nMonte R files, input file and target file are located. Then write source(‘nMonte.r’) in the R command prompt (write source(‘nMonte2.r’) instead if you want to make use of more functions of nMonte) and press enter. Now write getMonte(‘input.txt’,’target.txt’), press enter and enjoy your result!

    I click on change directory, but I am having any luck on either typing 'nMonte.r' or just hitting enter.

    I have all my files saved on my C drive. I created a folder with all my input and target files. But I'm doing something wrong. Is there someone who can help me.

    Thanks
    Dani

  2. #402
    Registered Users
    Posts
    921
    Sex
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Ethnicity
    West European
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R1b-U152-Z36+FGC6511
    mtDNA
    H11a2a

    United States of America Germany England France Scotland Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Danilynn View Post
    I have both my target and input files made for Basil Rich K7. I have my target file on Global 10, but haven't gotten my input file made yet. However, I am having some problems with this ...

    Before using nMonte with R, make sure that the nMonte R files, input file and target file are in the same directory. Open R and click Change dir… from the File menu and choose the directory where the nMonte R files, input file and target file are located. Then write source(‘nMonte.r’) in the R command prompt (write source(‘nMonte2.r’) instead if you want to make use of more functions of nMonte) and press enter. Now write getMonte(‘input.txt’,’target.txt’), press enter and enjoy your result!

    I click on change directory, but I am having any luck on either typing 'nMonte.r' or just hitting enter.

    I have all my files saved on my C drive. I created a folder with all my input and target files. But I'm doing something wrong. Is there someone who can help me.

    Thanks
    Dani
    You need to type everything in the following line and then press enter:

    source(‘nMonte2.r’)


    Then, to run the utility, type the following:

    getMonte(‘input.txt’,’target.txt’)

    Make sure the names of the input and target files are the same as the two you created (maybe you actually called the files input.txt and target.txt, then the line above should work as it is).

  3. #403
    Junior Member
    Posts
    5
    Sex
    Omitted

    Thank you so much randwulf. I'm going to do that right now.

    Danilynn

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Danilynn For This Useful Post:

     randwulf (06-03-2017)

  5. #404
    Junior Member
    Posts
    5
    Sex
    Omitted

    I cannot tell how happy and excited I am for your information!!

    Of COURSE IT WORKED!!!




    Please indulge me with your patience though.....What does 'incomplete final line found by readTableHeader on 'target.txt'

  6. #405
    Registered Users
    Posts
    921
    Sex
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Ethnicity
    West European
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R1b-U152-Z36+FGC6511
    mtDNA
    H11a2a

    United States of America Germany England France Scotland Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Danilynn View Post
    I cannot tell how happy and excited I am for your information!!

    Of COURSE IT WORKED!!!




    Please indulge me with your patience though.....What does 'incomplete final line found by readTableHeader on 'target.txt'
    If you go to the end of your last line in the target.txt file and hit the return key to add an empty line at the end, that message should go away on the next run.

  7. #406
    Junior Member
    Posts
    5
    Sex
    Omitted

    OH THANK YOU!!!!

  8. #407
    Junior Member
    Posts
    9
    Sex

    Could someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?
    I follow these steps:
    Create this folder with the correct files
    Then I proceed to change directory to the folder
    However when I try to enter source(‘nMonte.r’), it simply gives me a error
    > source(‘nMonte.r’)
    Error: unexpected input in "source(‘"
    I have created my target and input file correctly so what causes this error?

  9. #408
    Registered Users
    Posts
    220
    Sex
    Location
    Netherlands
    Ethnicity
    South-Dutch
    Nationality
    Dutch
    Y-DNA
    I2a2a1b2-CTS1977
    mtDNA
    H13a1a1

    Netherlands Belgium
    Quote Originally Posted by RrNn97 View Post
    Could someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?
    I follow these steps:
    Create this folder with the correct files
    Then I proceed to change directory to the folder
    However when I try to enter source(‘nMonte.r’), it simply gives me a error
    > source(‘nMonte.r’)
    Error: unexpected input in "source(‘"
    I have created my target and input file correctly so what causes this error?
    The error message says that ‘nMonte.r’ is not a valid filenames. You should enter source('nMonte.R') or source("nMonte.R").
    I also suspect your strange single quotes.

  10. #409
    Junior Member
    Posts
    9
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Huijbregts View Post
    The error message says that ‘nMonte.r’ is not a valid filenames. You should enter source('nMonte.R') or source("nMonte.R").
    I also suspect your strange single quotes.
    That worked (half way) Now I get this
    > source("nMonte.R")
    > getMonte(‘input.txt’,’target.txt’)
    Error: unexpected input in "getMonte(‘"
    Thanks for the help BTW.

  11. #410
    Junior Member
    Posts
    9
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by RrNn97 View Post
    That worked (half way) Now I get this
    > source("nMonte.R")
    > getMonte(‘input.txt’,’target.txt’)
    Error: unexpected input in "getMonte(‘"
    Thanks for the help BTW.
    My file looks like this BTW, IDK if it's correct.... can't post images
    input (txt file)
    nMonte, Oracle and 4Mix (txt file)
    nMonte.R (R-file)
    nMonte2.R (R-file)
    readme (txt file)
    target (txt file)
    IDK if I'm missing something or not, that's what's in my folder

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Davidski's Basal-rick K7 + Global 10 Genetic Map Results
    By khanabadoshi in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 768
    Last Post: Yesterday, 03:53 AM
  2. Replies: 327
    Last Post: 03-29-2017, 07:24 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-02-2016, 01:00 PM
  4. An alternative for 4Mix
    By Huijbregts in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 02-13-2016, 11:43 AM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-06-2014, 09:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •