Pakistani, Canadian
    Y-DNA
    L1a1
    mtDNA
    G3b

Pakistan Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by jatt2016 View Post
    All of them use the same method. This is what they do :

Admixture testing compares an individual’s DNA with specific sequences of DNA that are more prevalent in people from one area of the world than from another area.
    This kind of test focuses on the 22 pairs of nonsex chromosomes in every cell.Admixture calculations provide genetic ancestry analysis to individuals tested for high-density single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) data. The different SNP extraction methods (mostly SNP-chips) need substantial overlap of extracted SNPs to allow meaningful comparisons

There are drawbacks of this method and can be addressed in details. Please note that these results are not so accurate and the below is the advice from ISOGGG http://isogg.org/wiki/Admixture_analyses :

Most calculators use a shared subset of the up to 0.7 million SNPs provided by Family Finder, AncestryDNA, 23andMe, etc. These are compared with publicly available datasets and the companies' own proprietary datasets. As can be seen from the Autosomal DNA testing comparison chart the accuracy and sophistication vary greatly and have not yet reached the quality desired for accurate genetic genealogy research. The public dbSNP (Build 137) database contains ca. 45 million human SNPs, and comprehensive whole-genome sequencing (WGS) of all human populations could substantially increase that number and allow much better calculators.

Yes I am from Toronto. Name is Ahmed.
    Okay, do you know how to launch the K 11 Turkic calculator? I downloaded Dodecad calculator V3, but how can I run Turkic K11 on it? Please help.

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Sidhu Jatt
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA
    F
    mtDNA
    R30B1

Canada Pakistan Finland
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad-i Shah e Hind View Post
    Okay, do you know how to launch the K 11 Turkic calculator? I downloaded Dodecad calculator V3, but how can I run Turkic K11 on it? Please help.
    Khanbadoshi and Kurd are experts on it. They might be able to you assist you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jatt2016 For This Useful Post:

Pad-i Shah e Hind (11-18-2016)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Nationality
    Pakistani, Canadian
    Y-DNA
    L1a1
    mtDNA
    G3b

Pakistan Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurd View Post
    Wegene used Iranians from Tehran as references for their "Iranian" component. Due to Tehran being cosmopolitan, it is hard to figure out what those individual backgrounds were, but I am guessing that they were closely alligned with Kurds-Baloch, because my Iraqi Kurd sample scored 73% Iranian, and an Iranian Baloch scored 99% Iranian.
    Kurd man, you make a Turkic K11 calculator and provide no instructions whatsoever? Come on bro, that's not right.

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Sidhu Jatt
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA
    F
    mtDNA
    R30B1

Canada Pakistan Finland
    Kurd man, you make a Turkic K11 calculator and provide no instructions whatsoever? Come on bro, that's not right.
    can you post your geno 2.0 results please.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jatt2016 For This Useful Post:

Pad-i Shah e Hind (11-18-2016)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Nationality
    Pakistani, Canadian
    Y-DNA
    L1a1
    mtDNA
    G3b

Pakistan Canada
    I never did Geno 2.0, and after hearing that they use FtDNA as a third party for the Autosomal analysis, I am not going to do it.

I did however do AncestryDNA.

I got

98% South Asian
    <1% Caucasus
    <1% Central Asia
    <1% Melanesia
    <1% Polynesia

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pad-i Shah e Hind For This Useful Post:

jatt2016 (11-18-2016)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Nationality
    Pakistani, Canadian
    Y-DNA
    L1a1
    mtDNA
    G3b

Pakistan Canada
    Tajiks surprisingly have a large proportion of their ancestry from the Middle East, hinting at an Iranian origin. For example, user Rukha, who shares my Y-Haplogroup, is half Tajik and half Pashtun, and he scores an astonishing 34.7% Middle East, whereas I only score 0.1%. Most Tajiks, not Farsiwan Pashtuns, should score anywhere between 50-90% Middle East on 23andMe. Quite interesting. I have attached Rukha's result below.

Khanabadosh is your grandmother Tajik? I have seen some of your posts of your family. If she is a Tajik from Afghanistan, she should have a high proportion of her DNA from the Middle East.

Rukha isn't the only Tajik who I have seen score highly on Middle Eastern on 23andMe, many others have also done so. I am talking about Afghan Tajiks.

Tajik-Pashtun.jpg
    Last edited by Pad-i Shah e Hind; 11-18-2016 at 03:05 AM.

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Sidhu Jatt
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA
    F
    mtDNA
    R30B1

Canada Pakistan Finland
    Tajiks surprisingly have a large proportion of their ancestry from the Middle East, hinting at an Iranian origin. For example, user Rukha, who shares my Y-Haplogroup, is half Tajik and half Pashtun, and he scores an astonishing 34.7% Middle East, whereas I only score 0.1%. Most Tajiks, not Farsiwan Pashtuns, should score anywhere between 50-90% Middle East on 23andMe. Quite interesting. I have attached Rukha's result below.

Khanabadosh is your grandmother Tajik? I have seen some of your posts of your family. If she is a Tajik from Afghanistan, she should have a high proportion of her DNA from the Middle East.

PAAA JEE the reason being that 23andme does not have a central Asian component. The central Asian seg must have got overlapped as being Arab. As I said earlier these are all predictions and depends upon what reference populations the vendor uses. Had 23andme an Central Asian component then this person would have come up as

Rukha isn't the only Tajik who I have seen score highly on Middle Eastern on 23andMe, many others have also done so. I am talking about Afghan Tajiks.

Tajik-Pashtun.jpg

Sir Jee the problem with these predictors is that they lack certain reference populations for instance 23andme lacks central Asian category and hence it gets misrepresented as middle eastern. Had 23andme a central Asian component then this person would have come up like 40 percent Central Asian and so on. 23ANDME and all other ancestry admixture companies are using predictions based on the reference populations they have and it varies from vendor to vendor.

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Nationality
    Pakistani, Canadian
    Y-DNA
    L1a1
    mtDNA
    G3b

Pakistan Canada
    Sir Jee the problem with these predictors is that they lack certain reference populations for instance 23andme lacks central Asian category and hence it gets misrepresented as middle eastern. Had 23andme a central Asian component then this person would have come up like 40 percent Central Asian and so on. 23ANDME and all other ancestry admixture companies are using predictions based on the reference populations they have and it varies from vendor to vendor.
    You make a good point, but even on AncestryDNA, where there is a Central Asia component, most Tajiks score higher on Caucasus (Iran, Turkey, etc.) than they do on South Asia or Central Asia, which proves that Tajiks have a connection with Iran, and this is validated by GedMatch. 23andMe only lacks Central Asia because Central Asians are mixed and there is no unique Central Asian DNA. Central Asians are the descendants of Turks, Indians, and Iranians, of course they're not going to have a reference population. That is actually very smart on the part of 23andMe, but I know what you are trying to say.
    Last edited by Pad-i Shah e Hind; 11-18-2016 at 03:51 AM.

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Nationality
    Pakistani, Canadian
    Y-DNA
    L1a1
    mtDNA
    G3b

Pakistan Canada
    Jatt sahab, what were your FtDNA results? Here are mine.

FtDNA2.jpg

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Sidhu Jatt
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA
    F
    mtDNA
    R30B1

Canada Pakistan Finland
    Jatt sahab, what were your FtDNA results? Here are mine.

FtDNA2.jpg
    I did not go with FTDNA. Only 23andme and Geno.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast