Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ADMIXTURE test using 350K markers

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Anabasis View Post
    could u run it for Turkish samples as well?
    I don't have any Turkish samples that overlap at 350K. You can run through DIY when I release it. I may try to strengthen the NW European cluster before I do that. Not sure how that will turn out since I don't have any more NW Europeans at 350K

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kurd For This Useful Post:

Anabasis (10-01-2016), dp (10-01-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L657
    mtDNA
    M4b1

Really interesting Kurd, thanK you - not come across a calculator with such reference populations before.

Do you know why my east Asian seems to be almost evenly split between Burmese and Turkmen (the former making a bit more sense)? Do you think some of the W Asian is combined with my East Asian and getting pulled into that Turkic component?

Also where is the Bengali Dhaka reference from .. an individual member?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Reza For This Useful Post:

Kurd (10-01-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Reza View Post
    Really interesting Kurd, thanK you - not come across a calculator with such reference populations before.

Do you know why my east Asian seems to be almost evenly split between Burmese and Turkmen (the former making a bit more sense)? Do you think some of the W Asian is combined with my East Asian and getting pulled into that Turkic component?

Also where is the Bengali Dhaka reference from .. an individual member?
    The Turkic component has some W Eurasian, but it is a W Eurasian specific to Turkmen and Uzbek, due to the K level, high number of markers used here (350K), and availability of other W Eurasian dominated components here. So the 7% Turkic you get, I am inclined to think is closely related to those specific groups.

Bengali Dhaka consists of the average of 3 Dhaka individuals, no idea about their specific background

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kurd For This Useful Post:

dp (10-01-2016), Hanna (10-01-2016), Reza (10-02-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Y-DNA
    J2a4h2f* (J-L192)
    mtDNA
    H, U3b

Turkey Ottoman Empire Ottoman Empire 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurd View Post
    The Turkic component has some W Eurasian, but it is a W Eurasian specific to Turkmen and Uzbek, due to the K level, high number of markers used here (350K), and availability of other W Eurasian dominated components here. So the 7% Turkic you get, I am inclined to think is closely related to those specific groups.

Bengali Dhaka consists of the average of 3 Dhaka individuals, no idea about their specific background
    I don't know what this means for me being Turkish? I only scored 2.35% Turkic which is just showing some of my East Asian score along with 1.72% North Asian. I always wonder what percent of my DNA is actually Turkic? I wish there was a calculator that could detect Turkic percentage in West Asians.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hanna For This Useful Post:

dp (10-03-2016), Kurd (10-01-2016), Reza (10-02-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    I don't know what this means for me being Turkish? I only scored 2.35% Turkic which is just showing some of my East Asian score along with 1.72% North Asian. I always wonder what percent of my DNA is actually Turkic? I wish there was a calculator that could detect Turkic percentage in West Asians.
    The 2.35% is above and beyond whatever Turkic type you have that may be hidden under the Pashtun comp, because Pashtuns have a little also

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Assamese
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    R1a1
    mtDNA
    M13'46'61

India China Tajikistan Mongolia Russian Federation Papua New Guinea
    Look forward to the release of the DIY calculator

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Y-DNA
    J2a4h2f* (J-L192)
    mtDNA
    H, U3b

The 2.35% is above and beyond whatever Turkic type you have that may be hidden under the Pashtun comp, because Pashtuns have a little also
    Do you think you could ever develop a calculator that detects Turkic admixture, that doesn't only isolate the East Asian admixture???

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by jortita View Post
    Look forward to the release of the DIY calculator
    Ok I did not have time to work on the NW European component. I will release the DIY as is, subject to limitations with that component, tonight probably

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kurd For This Useful Post:

dp (10-03-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    Do you think you could ever develop a calculator that detects Turkic admixture, that doesn't only isolate the East Asian admixture???

I would have to figure out what to use for a W Asian proxy, because Caucausus pops may have themselves picked up a little from their Neighbors, and if this is the case a little Tukic may be hidden there. I would also have to figure out who to make Turkic proxies

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kurd For This Useful Post:

dp (10-03-2016), Hanna (10-02-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Y-DNA
    J2a4h2f* (J-L192)
    mtDNA
    H, U3b

I would have to figure out what to use for a W Asian proxy, because Caucausus pops may have themselves picked up a little from their Neighbors, and if this is the case a little Tukic may be hidden there. I would also have to figure out who to make Turkic proxies
    I think Armenians would be a good proxy for West Asia, they don't seem to have any Turkic. For the Turkic proxy Turkmens and Uzbeks as you used for this run. Dienekes produced a Turkic calculator some time back but it was useless as the Turkic component only extracted the East Asian admixture.

http://dodecad.blogspot.ae/2011/09/b...ia-turkic.html

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hanna For This Useful Post:

DMXX (10-02-2016), dp (10-03-2016), khanabadoshi (10-03-2016), Kurd (10-02-2016), vettor (10-03-2016)

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast