Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: ADMIXTURE test using 350K markers

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by greerpalmer View Post
    Has anyone been able to compare Roma ancestry with Pashtun?
    Also, livingDNA's cautious algorithm brings in Pashtun, Sindh, Armenia and Cyprus and Iran populations under "Pashtun-related ancestry" which I found bizarre. Could a Cypriot connection or Armenian diaspora explain Pashtun in european populations?
    There is no special Pashtun-Roma connection.

This is not one of my rare alleles admixture test. The sourcing of allele frequencies here is based on common alleles also, like all the other ADMIXTURE based calculators out there. Thus sharing between tester and population references also reflects very distant associations based on common origins. In this case, for testers outside of W and S Asia, a Pashtun score most likely is based on the Caucasus based alleles within Pashtuns
    EurasianDNA.com - A study of the population history of West & South Asia.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by greerpalmer View Post
    Has anyone been able to compare Roma ancestry with Pashtun?
    Also, livingDNA's cautious algorithm brings in Pashtun, Sindh, Armenia and Cyprus and Iran populations under "Pashtun-related ancestry" which I found bizarre. Could a Cypriot connection or Armenian diaspora explain Pashtun in european populations?
    The miracles of admixture calculators !

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Kurd View Post
    There is no special Pashtun-Roma connection.

This is not one of my rare alleles admixture test. The sourcing of allele frequencies here is based on common alleles also, like all the other ADMIXTURE based calculators out there. Thus sharing between tester and population references also reflects very distant associations based on common origins. In this case, for testers outside of W and S Asia, a Pashtun score most likely is based on the Caucasus based alleles within Pashtuns
    And this is why exactly, all these admixture calculators have the same basic flaw and give people false impressions that they are Paktuns, central Asians and English and many take it literally.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415