Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 201

Thread: Indians with pashtun ancestry?

  1. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Seriously , you just don't quit , look up the word diversity. Pashayis along with slew of other groups in the Hindu Kush region are in fact Indo Aryan, these people form more of continuum with peoples in Northern Pakistan extending into Kashmir ie all are Indo Aryan Dardic speakers ie the satem language is Sanskrit.
    The scope of this board is genetics if your going to knit pick at looks your quite petty. Time and time again , genetics results are showing a strong coerelation between significant populations in the Indus delta and those in the Hindu Kush.Your own personal results will also cluster with them, even if you want to cluster with a Chechen wrestler.
    I mean I honestly dont know jack shit about genetics at all. I just joined this forum to find out how to do a genetic test and then I saw you all were discussing history and since I am very interested in Afghan history I decided to chime in.

    Pashayis are Dardics so of course they are indo Aryan speakers, but I just find it weird personally connecting Dardics such as Kalash and Pashayi to Punjabis or someone from Hyderebad as they just arent as similar as a Pashayi person would be to a Pashtun at all.

    Im not saying theres no genetic relation between Afghans and Indians iv seen genetic tests and though I dont really understand them they usually show some kind of relation. However I think we also should keep in mind that most of these results are coming from Kabul which must have had plenty of Indian merchants/migrants/missionaries during Shahi times. Im also sure many of these results would be from Paki Pashtuns too which allot are either Pashtunized Hindkos or heavily mixed with the original indic populations of Gandhara.

    Im from Kunar/Kabul and Central AFG I dont I cluster with Chechens.

  2. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by surbakhunWeesste View Post
    Firstly its not 'Pakhtunwa' its Pakhtunkhwa.
    Khyber pass doesn't mean Pakhtunkhwa, where did you collect that from?
    Nowadays Pashtunkhwa and Khyber are synonymous as Pakistan has a province called Khyber Pakhtukhwa. The original Pashtunkhwa stretched from Helmand river to around Bannu. Pretty much the Arachosia province.

  3. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    awww so sweet. Since you have been here, you have only posted on this forum , that too a day after you were banned.
    lol just reread this thats complete garbage. I posted the first day I made this account to ask where I can take a genetic test and about Afghan history. David Powell responded to my first question

  4. #174
    Registered Users
    Posts
    535
    Location
    Gonur Tepe

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeBobbyShmurda View Post
    lol just reread this thats complete garbage. I posted the first day I made this account to ask where I can take a genetic test and about Afghan history. David Powell responded to my first question
    The only thing garbage is what you continually spew on here making sock puppet accounts spewing vitriol because unfortunately your not descended from a Chechen fighter or some Bedouin tribe from Saudi Arabia lol.

  5. #175
    Registered Users
    Posts
    535
    Location
    Gonur Tepe

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeBobbyShmurda View Post
    I mean I honestly dont know jack shit about genetics at all. I just joined this forum to find out how to do a genetic test and then I saw you all were discussing history and since I am very interested in Afghan history I decided to chime in.

    Pashayis are Dardics so of course they are indo Aryan speakers, but I just find it weird personally connecting Dardics such as Kalash and Pashayi to Punjabis or someone from Hyderebad as they just arent as similar as a Pashayi person would be to a Pashtun at all.

    Im not saying theres no genetic relation between Afghans and Indians iv seen genetic tests and though I dont really understand them they usually show some kind of relation. However I think we also should keep in mind that most of these results are coming from Kabul which must have had plenty of Indian merchants/migrants/missionaries during Shahi times. Im also sure many of these results would be from Paki Pashtuns too which allot are either Pashtunized Hindkos or heavily mixed with the original indic populations of Gandhara.

    Im from Kunar/Kabul and Central AFG I dont I cluster with Chechens.
    But you could identify peculiar differences in Kurd's tests yet you you say you dont know anything about genetics

  6. #176
    Registered Users
    Posts
    235
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Onge
    Nationality
    Earthling
    Y-DNA
    Gangstuh
    mtDNA
    W3a1

    Greater Khorasan Afghanistan Ghaznavid Dynasty Late Saffarid Dynasty Dravida Nadu Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by khanabadoshi View Post
    This thread is all over the place. I don't understand the arguments.

    Because people were once Buddhist there is no such thing as Afghans? Ahmed Shah Durrani is actually the reincarnation of Ashoka and his empire was the worldly manifestation of Nirvana. Hinduism rose somewhere in the western regions of South Asia. Bengalis were/are Hindus, ergo, Bengalis don't exist. Every ethnic group within the largest extent of contiguous South Asian empires are actually just one people. Obviously, because a map shaded the area all one color, I've seen it. All of Europe is actually Roman.

    Because a Punjabi is closer genetically to a Tamil than a Pashtun is, they are mutually exclusive genetic populations? The genetic cline actually begins at the Indus river, there were no bridges in the old days. The Hindukush is actually named so, because it releases routine bursts of gamma rays from its southern faces that are carried by the arid Loo winds eastward, rendering Hindus and their descendants infertile if they venture near. Thus, preventing all gene-flow from the massive population centers on both sides. Unsubstantiated reports claim that the Burusho have learned to harness this power, explaining their longevity. However, as Jurassic Park tells us, nature finds a way. Magical embers carrying the essence of Avestan, rise from ever-burning Zoroastrian fires, riding a soft Steppe breeze 1000 miles over sparsely-populated Western Afghanistan/Eastern Iran in a yearly Iranic cross-pollination event.

    ...Logic, people.

    Afghanistan exists at a crossroads, so maybe that is exactly what it is? By attempting to simplify the region as either A or B, all anyone is actually doing is complicating the issue. It is like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. I find myself currently reflecting on and praying for the man whose profound vision gave us the Venn Diagram. It is an emotional moment for me. For the first time, its purpose is clear... I finally understand.
    Hahahahaha! This post needs to be put on a monument.
    "Humanity is all one body;
    To torture another is simply to wound yourself." - Rahman Baba

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mellifluous For This Useful Post:

     parasar (10-21-2016), redifflal (03-28-2017)

  8. #177
    Banned
    Posts
    24
    Sex
    Location
    California
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Nationality
    American

    Pakistan Sikh Empire India Punjab Afghanistan India
    The TC is an avid Afghani malignancy/troll who has banned over 10 times on Anthroscape. Probably even more times.
    Last edited by Squall Leonhart; 03-26-2017 at 10:11 PM.

  9. #178
    Registered Users
    Posts
    125
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Nationality
    Canadian

    Canada Bangladesh Jammu and Kashmir India Pakistan Sri Lanka
    There are indeed Pashtun-descent communities all over the subcontinent, but most are mixed. I think the average 'Pathan' guy from India would be either 1/4th Pashtun to 1/2 Pashtun. Though, there are still some pure Pashtun communities mainly in Kashmir, the Punjab (both east and west). However, during colonial times, there were documented Pashto speakers even in the Hindi Belt region, though I think that has faded with time.

    The highest concentrations of Pathans would be in UP, mainly in urban localities of the Rohilkhand/Awadh/Doab, especially in cities such as Malihabad, Qaimganj, Deoband, Bareily, Rampur etc. Bhopal and Indore in Central India also has large Pathan communities because of the presence of Pashtun-dynasties there, and so does Tonk in Rajasthan, and areas like Junagadh + pockets in South/North Gujarat. Bihar also has a large presence of Pathan communties since the time of Sher Shah Suri. Bengal too, had since developed communities of refugee Afghans fleeing the advance of the Mughals into the forests of the Bhati (east Bengal region), + obviously local leaders around Murshidabad. Though, in Bengal, the 'pathan' identity isn't really strong at all, and non-existent in urban areas. Also Old Delhi/Old Hyderabad also have big Pathan populations, as they are majority Muslim. Lol, Heck, even Tamil Nadu has a substantial Pathan community, who have long served the Nawabs of Arcot, and are distinct from Tamil Muslims of the area, in that they speak Urdu.

    Many Muhajirs that immigrated to Pakistan thus also descend from a lot of these communities. What I find interesting however, is that especially in rural areas/small towns, many of these Pathans, preserve a knowledge of their tribal affiliations, and this is visible in some of British-taken censuses of erstwhile United India.

    Though, in India, many Muslim Rajputs/Mughals think they are Pathans, because they carry the title of 'khan'. Shahrukh Khan is an interesting example, since he said he's Pashtun, even though his family origins lie in Peshawar, and they are rather Hindkowans/Punjabis rather than actual Pashtuns. This was probably a ploy for him to get the support of Indian pathans maybe, or a genuine misrepresentation of identities, but who knows.
    Last edited by Kulin; 03-26-2017 at 10:28 PM.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kulin For This Useful Post:

     Coldmountains (04-02-2017), Squall Leonhart (03-26-2017), Zayd (03-26-2017)

  11. #179
    Banned
    Posts
    24
    Sex
    Location
    California
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Nationality
    American

    Pakistan Sikh Empire India Punjab Afghanistan India
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulin View Post
    There are indeed Pashtun-descent communities all over the subcontinent, but most are mixed. I think the average 'Pathan' guy from India would be either 1/4th Pashtun to 1/2 Pashtun. Though, there are still some pure Pashtun communities mainly in Kashmir, the Punjab (both east and west). However, during colonial times, there were documented Pashto speakers even in the Hindi Belt region, though I think that has faded with time.

    The highest concentrations of Pathans would be in UP, mainly in urban localities of the Rohilkhand/Awadh/Doab, especially in cities such as Malihabad, Qaimganj, Deoband, Bareily, Rampur etc. Bhopal and Indore in Central India also has large Pathan communities because of the presence of Pashtun-dynasties there, and so does Tonk in Rajasthan, and areas like Junagadh + pockets in South/North Gujarat. Bihar also has a large presence of Pathan communties since the time of Sher Shah Suri. Bengal too, had since developed communities of refugee Afghans fleeing the advance of the Mughals into the forests of the Bhati (east Bengal region), + obviously local leaders around Murshidabad. Though, in Bengal, the 'pathan' identity isn't really strong at all, and non-existent in urban areas. Also Old Delhi/Old Hyderabad also have big Pathan populations, as they are majority Muslim. Lol, Heck, even Tamil Nadu has a substantial Pathan community, who have long served the Nawabs of Arcot, and are distinct from Tamil Muslims of the area, in that they speak Urdu.

    Though, in India, many Muslim Rajputs/Mughals think they are Pathans, because they carry the title of 'khan'. Shahrukh Khan is an interesting example, since he said he's Pashtun, even though his family origins lie in Peshawar, and they are rather Hindkowans/Punjabis rather than actual Pashtuns. This was probably a ploy for him to get the support of Indian pathans maybe, or a genuine misrepresentation of identities, but who knows.
    Sharukh is Rajput?

  12. #180
    Registered Users
    Posts
    125
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Nationality
    Canadian

    Canada Bangladesh Jammu and Kashmir India Pakistan Sri Lanka
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart View Post
    Sharukh is Rajput?
    Well, he's not Pashtun for sure (according to his family members back in Peshawar, Pakistan), and is a Peshawari Hindkowan, but Idk his exact tribe/caste.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kulin For This Useful Post:

     Squall Leonhart (03-26-2017)

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 152
    Last Post: 09-29-2016, 06:15 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2016, 11:21 PM
  3. Can Indians and Pakistanis be Syed?
    By Ali16 in forum Genealogy
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 06-01-2016, 09:53 PM
  4. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 05-20-2016, 10:38 AM
  5. Afghan Pashtun Mt-DNA W3a1a
    By Mellifluous in forum W
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2015, 05:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •