Thread: European ancestry in Iran

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Anglo
    Nationality
    Canadian

Quote Originally Posted by Volat View Post
    I really have a difficulty understanding your blabbering. Post DNA profile of a regular Iranian. For God's sake man.
    WTF Volat? Did you read anything he posted? He isn't talking about regular Iranians and their ancient relatedness to Europeans, he is interested in Iranians who happen to have some European ancestry.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Megalophias For This Useful Post:

ancestryfan1994 (09-23-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by ancestryfan1994 View Post
    Yes, you clearly do misunderstand the whole point of this thread. I advise you to go over the original post I made a few times before we continue.
    Clearly, the topic of yours is ridiculous. I asked you for the facts showing any evidence about European ancestry among Iranians. You are making a fool of yourself writing about anything other presenting facts and arguments.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Megalophias View Post
    WTF Volat? Did you read anything he posted? He isn't talking about regular Iranians and their ancient relatedness to Europeans, he is interested in Iranians who happen to have some European ancestry.
    I've read everything he posted. I asked him to show any evidence about any Iranian having European ancestry be it recent or ancient.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Anglo
    Nationality
    Canadian

I've read everything he posted. I asked him to show any evidence about any Iranian having European ancestry be it recent or ancient.
    How could it possibly happen that no Iranians whatsoever had any European ancestry?

If you think for some reason that the OP is delusional about having some European ancestry in his family, then tell us why, otherwise it just looks like you are dumping on his thread for no reason.
    Last edited by Megalophias; 09-23-2016 at 07:05 PM.

Registered Users
    Sex

How could it possibly happen that no Iranians whatsoever had any European ancestry?
    Modern day Aboriginals of Australia have more European ancestry than Iranians , in my opinion. If it's possible for Iranians to have European ancestry, then I'd like to see some evidence. In any form.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Anglo
    Nationality
    Canadian

Modern day Aboriginals of Australia have more European ancestry than Iranians , in my opinion. If it's possible for Iranians to have European ancestry, then I'd like to see some evidence. In any form.
    Iranians have I1-M253 and R1a-Z280.

And of course Aboriginal Australians have loads of European ancestry, they are a socioeconomically depressed minority in a sea of British. It would be bizarre if they didn't have way more European ancestry than Iranians. Gilak and Mazandaran were part of the Russian Empire for about 10 years, and the British, Dutch, and Portuguese were mucking around mainly on the Gulf coast in the colonial period, but you wouldn't expect any significant impact there. Of course there can also be expatriate returning with their families from mixed marriages.
    Last edited by Megalophias; 09-23-2016 at 07:21 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Megalophias For This Useful Post:

ancestryfan1994 (09-23-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex

Iranians have I1-M253 and R1a-Z280.

And of course Aboriginal Australians have loads of European ancestry, they are a socioeconomically depressed minority in a sea of British. It would be bizarre if they didn't have way more European ancestry than Iranians. Gilak and Mazandaran were part of the Russian Empire for about 10 years, and the British, Dutch, and Portuguese were mucking around mainly on the Gulf coast in the colonial period, but you wouldn't expect any significant impact there. Of course there can also be expatriate returning with their families from mixed marriages.
    Anglo-Saxon criminals were deported to Australia. Most of them were males. Naturally, they were looking for females. My Austrlian mate has a full-blooded Aboriginal grandfather. Dutch grandmother. Irish grandmother and Scottish grandfather. He identifies himself as an Australian.

If OP cannot provide genetic evidence about European ancestry among Iranians, then I'd like to read a story about Iranians mixing with Europeans. Such a mix was not possible due different religions. Christians and Muslims did not mix. Exception were upper class and royalties.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA
    T1a2b- Z19945
    mtDNA
    H95a- Ostrogoth

Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Italy Sweden Finns
    Anglo-Saxon criminals were deported to Australia. Most of them were males. Naturally, they were looking for females. My Austrlian mate has a full-blooded Aboriginal grandfather. Dutch grandmother. Irish grandmother and Scottish grandfather. He identifies himself as an Australian.

If OP cannot provide genetic evidence about European ancestry among Iranians, then I'd like to read a story about Iranians mixing with Europeans. Such a mix was not possible due different religions. Christians and Muslims did not mix. Exception were upper class and royalties.
    http://www.portphillippioneersgroup.org.au/pppg5bq.htm

http://www.writingfamilyhistory.com....grationpdf.pdf

http://www.migrationheritage.nsw.gov...40s/index.html

the biggest % of women arriving in Australia was between 1830-1840 ...............IIRC, they where nicknamed the butterfly ships

THe mix with aborigines must have come after this period, because of the estimated 3 million aborigines at the time of the first white man, 2 thirds died of white mans diseases

European - 99.2%............Central Asian - 0.8% .............Yfull - 1460BC
    Father's Mtdna .....T2b17.......1735 Porcellengo Veneto Italy
    Sons Mtdna .....K1a4 ...........1710 Carnic Alps

My Path = ( K-M9+, TL-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS54+, CTS8862+, Z19945+, A339+ )

The main negatives = ( M193-, P322-, P327-, Pages11- , L25- , CTS1848- )

11. The Following User Says Thank You to vettor For This Useful Post:

Volat (09-23-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mostly Persian+others
    Nationality
    Nation of Darius
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    R0a2

Iran Egypt Greece Serbia Croatia Indonesia

Did you even read my own personal example I gave about my own family and our possible Iberian ancestry? Not to mention the various links I posted that give historical credibility to contact between Europeans and Iranians?

I agree with megolophias, if you don't have any reasonable arguments to defend yourself, I would rather avoid rolling in dirt with you, you seem to ignore the best possible evidence put forward for genetic proof of European ancestry which I told you already by giving my families example.

If you want to read about European mixes in Iran, read that wiki page on Russians in Iran and you'll find a few examples.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by ancestryfan1994 View Post
    Did you even read my own personal example I gave about my own family and our possible Iberian ancestry? Not to mention the various links I posted that give historical credibility to contact between Europeans and Iranians?

I agree with megolophias, if you don't have any reasonable arguments to defend yourself, I would rather avoid rolling in dirt with you, you seem to ignore the best possible evidence put forward for genetic proof of European ancestry which I told you already by giving my families example.

If you want to read about European mixes in Iran, read that wiki page on Russians in Iran and you'll find a few examples.
    Do you understand basic English? Post any evidence in any form showing Iranians or a single Iranian having European ancestry. Your topic is about Iranians having European ancestry. Post the story of your family describing how much you are European.
    Last edited by Volat; 09-23-2016 at 10:03 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast