Thread: X ethnicity analysis

Sex

X ethnicity analysis

I know 23AndMe provides X chromosome ethnicity analysis. Is there any other way to get this done, whether amateur or otherwise?

Administrator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Euro/Near East
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP4516/YP4807*
    mtDNA
    H11a2a3

Canada Franco-Manitoban European Union Ottoman Empire Russia Imperial United States Grand Union
    The Gedmatch oracles, using a by-chromosome analysis, unfortunately do not include the X.

You may however be able to use some of the R-based offline oracles and feed just your X in there to see what comes up.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Other ancestral Y lines:

E1b-M81 Ukraine (Ashkenazi)
    E1b-V13 England
    I1-M253 Ireland
    I2-M423 Ukraine
    R1a-L176.1 Scotland
    R1b-L584 Syria/Turkey (Sephardi)
    R1b-L20 Ireland
    R1b-L21 (1)England; (2)Wales?>Connecticut
    R1b-L48 England
    R1b-P312 Scotland
    R1b-FGC32576 Ireland

Other ancestral mtDNA lines:

H1b2a Ukraine (Ashkenazi)
    H6a1a3 Ukraine
    K1a9 Belarus (Ashkenazi)
    K1c2 Ireland
    V7a Ukraine

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AJL For This Useful Post:

loisrp (07-23-2016), Star93 (08-01-2016), vettor (08-01-2016)

The Gedmatch oracles, using a by-chromosome analysis, unfortunately do not include the X.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    I-FGC24357
    mtDNA
    H5

United States of America Canada
    The X-chromosome is just not suited for admixture/ethnicity analysis. I've been doing some work with the X-chromosome recently and I think that I can demonstrate a big problem.

Here is an exercise for you to try. Run a 'one-to-many' for a kit on GEDmatch with the default parameters. Click on the downward arrowhead for the 'largest cM' column in the X-DNA grouping to sort. Skip down the list to get past the kits that are closely related to your kit. I would get down to where kits are showing a generations of around 7.0 or so to MRCA. Click on the 'X' to get the 'X one-to-many' comparison. You may need to change the parameters to 500 SNP's to get a segment to show up. On the one to many GM seems to use 500 SNP's but when you go for the confirming 'one-to-one', the parameter for SNP's is getting 700 plugged in. Anyhow save the matching segment data and skip down and run another one. After doing a few you should start getting some triangulations going. By the time you do a dozen or two, you are going to find some serious triangulations going in several areas. What we are finding is that there is some major common ancestry within the past seven or eight generations revealed by the X-DNA analysis. Most everyone will get these results, so to me it is real clear that the X-DNA is not a good path to doing admixture.

I will explain further in the morning.

Jack Wyatt

6. The Following User Says Thank You to C J Wyatt III For This Useful Post:

PLogan (12-02-2016)