Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: R1b1 has been found at Villabruna ( Italy) in a sample of about 14000 years ago

  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    77
    Sex
    Omitted
    Location
    Rome (Italy)
    Ethnicity
    Italic
    Nationality
    Italy
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-PF7590
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2b

    Italy

    R1b1 has been found at Villabruna ( Italy) in a sample of about 14000 years ago

    haplogroup R1b1 has been found at Villabruna (Belluno Province) in a sample of about 14000 years ago, in what.

    Italian Refugium ?

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carbotti For This Useful Post:

     Arch (05-17-2016),  dp (05-17-2016),  EastAnglian (05-18-2016)

  3. #2
    Registered Users
    Posts
    130
    Sex
    Location
    Internets
    Ethnicity
    Fire and Fury
    Nationality
    Global
    Y-DNA (P)
    SRY2627/Z207

    Pitcairn Botswana French Southern and Antarctic Lands Uganda Ayyubid Dynasty Niger
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbotti View Post
    haplogroup R1b1 has been found at Villabruna (Belluno Province) in a sample of about 14000 years ago, in what.

    Italian Refugium ?
    Probably not, but close. The fact is we have the oldest R1b found to date and it's in Europe! That is significant!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Arch For This Useful Post:

     Nasser (05-17-2016)

  5. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    56
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    English
    Nationality
    English
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b - DF27 - L617
    mtDNA (M)
    U3a

    England
    Cool development, does this rewrite the current theories surrounding R1b entry into Europe? or are we talking about a lone individual?. I suppose most people will be waiting for more ancient R1b to crop up.

  6. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,789
    Sex
    Location
    French Flanders
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b L21>DF13
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a29a

    France Belgium Flanders Wallonia Occitania France Bretagne
    Quote Originally Posted by EastAnglian View Post
    Cool development, does this rewrite the current theories surrounding R1b entry into Europe? or are we talking about a lone individual?. I suppose most people will be waiting for more ancient R1b to crop up.
    In the same study, the authors expressed their surprise to find R1b in the sample, as modern subclades came the Steppes.

    But as North Italia 14000 years ago was in the same regional culture than the Pontic Steppe, it is not a real surprise.

    And it doesn't change anything about how R1b became predominant in Western Europe.

    Please remember that WHG were overwhelmingly I2, even in the Villabruna samples.
    Last edited by ffoucart; 05-18-2016 at 10:45 AM.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ffoucart For This Useful Post:

     ADW_1981 (05-18-2016),  Kopfjäger (05-20-2016)

  8. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,236
    Sex
    Location
    North Florida
    Ethnicity
    Pred.Iberian/Italian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z279(xM153)
    mtDNA (M)
    L2a1a3c

    United States of America Spain Basque Italy Portugal Cuba
    Quote Originally Posted by ffoucart View Post
    Please remember that WHG were overwhelmingly I2, even in the Villabruna samples.
    How many WHG Epigravettian samples do we have? Where are the I2 dominant Epigravettian Italians or even those from the Balkans? Last I checked we only have a sole sample from the Epigravettian culture(ie. Villabruna); and that samples is R1b1a; thus the claim that I2 was dominant even in the Villabruna samples is a baseless claim. It might very well be the case; but we have no ancient dna to prove it now.

  9. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,789
    Sex
    Location
    French Flanders
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b L21>DF13
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a29a

    France Belgium Flanders Wallonia Occitania France Bretagne
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanL View Post
    How many WHG Epigravettian samples do we have? Where are the I2 dominant Epigravettian Italians or even those from the Balkans? Last I checked we only have a sole sample from the Epigravettian culture(ie. Villabruna); and that samples is R1b1a; thus the claim that I2 was dominant even in the Villabruna samples is a baseless claim. It might very well be the case; but we have no ancient dna to prove it now.
    Yes, you are right. But, if you take into account the Villabruna Cluster, Rochedane is I2, Cuiry les Chaudardes is I, and Berry au Bac is also I (and Falkenstein F).

    If you took the extended Villabruna Cluster (as defined: "BerryAuBac, Bichon, Bockstein, Chaudardes1, Falkenstein,
    Hungarian.KO1 LaBrana1, LesCloseaux13, Loschbour, Ofnet, Ranchot88, Rochedane
    and Villabruna"), Bichon is I2, as Loschbour and KO1, and La Brana C1.

    So you have 1 R1b, 1 C1 and 1 F. But 6 I, in which 4 are I2.

    So 66% of the samples are I, and around 50% are I2. I call that overwhelming.

    But, I grant you that the number of samples is low. But then again, if you take into account more recent samples, inherited from WHG, I is clearly the major haplogroup.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ffoucart For This Useful Post:

     jeanL (05-23-2016),  Kopfjäger (05-23-2016),  rms2 (02-08-2017)

  11. #7
    Registered Users
    Posts
    81
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Multiracial
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b1a1a2a1a (P311)
    mtDNA (M)
    U4c1

    Brazil
    Have autosomal analyses been conducted on this individual? If so, what did he turn out to be - similar to other WHGs?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-31-2018, 12:12 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-02-2016, 05:08 AM
  3. Skeleton Found in Italy Cave Yields Oldest Neanderthal DNA
    By BalkanKiwi in forum Ancient (aDNA)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2015, 01:30 PM
  4. New subforum for R1b1-Z2103 and its downstreams
    By Farroukh in forum Suggestions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-25-2015, 01:43 AM
  5. Y-DNA Hg R1b1 Subclades STR Phylo Tree
    By MJost in forum R1b General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2013, 02:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •