Thread: has earth tilted? Inuit elders says so

Bronze Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Japanese(Ainu)and ?
    Nationality
    American

Japan United States of America Ainu
    I wonder if these 'shifts' are taken into account when there is talks about "climate' Change .
    Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, because to them, you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Anglo
    Nationality
    Canadian

Oh for heaven's sake.

If the axis of the earth had tilted enough in a short time to affect the climate then anyone who paid attention to the sky - not just professional astronomers, but every amateur astronomer and traditional stargazer on earth - would have noticed.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Megalophias For This Useful Post:

Awale (10-25-2016), Bas (04-21-2017), Judith (04-22-2017), Saetro (10-23-2016)

Banned for Multiple Accounts Violation
    Sex

England North of England Ireland Munster United States of America Russian Federation Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalophias View Post
    Oh for heaven's sake.

If the axis of the earth had tilted enough in a short time to affect the climate then anyone who paid attention to the sky - not just professional astronomers, but every amateur astronomer and traditional stargazer on earth - would have noticed.
    Indeed any amateur could have figured it out. I've been star gazing for years, since I was a young teen & got my first telescope. I've got an entire setup now - including laptop which monitors for me as well.

But then one doesn't need to constantly gaze upwards. The increasingly wacky migration of numerous bird species, insect species, etc... not to mention the continual & increasing beaching of whales & dolphins is just some of the clues.

It is sort of like how those same sorts of amateurs ignore the increasing deaths of amphibians - a rather well studied and well known indicator species of problems - and the increasing incidents of red [& similar] algae tides as the environment becomes more and more polluted.

NASA scientists confirm Earth is tilting the opposite direction; Climate change making Earth’s wobble shift
    But in the long run the experts confirm what some of the amateurs have been missing.
    Last edited by FredBats; 11-10-2016 at 10:20 AM.

Gold Member Class
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Scot
    Nationality
    American Naturalized
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP5842
    mtDNA
    J1c

United States of America Scotland
    Here is an article which may be of interest concerning the subject titled, 'Tibet sediments reveal climate patterns from millions of years ago'

https://phys.org/news/2017-04-tibet-...atterns_1.html

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Northern English
    Nationality
    British
    mtDNA
    H4a1a1a

http://www.astrobio.net/news-exclusi...ed-the-sahara/

This article describes research on the result on the earth's tilt on creating the Sahara desert. basically a small shift in tilt caused the monsoons to weaken and the Sahara gradually or quickly in some places dried from grassland to its present state.
    5500 years ago puts it into the pre-history period which fascinates many of us.
    Out of 64 pre 1800 births 54% Cheshire, 2% Worcestershire, 2% Scottish, 25% south Derbyshire, 6% Burton on Trent area (where 4 counties within 10 miles), 6% Shropshire.One unknown.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Judith For This Useful Post:

NiloSaharan (04-25-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12