Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Did Haplogroup I originate in Kurdistan?

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Scythian Massagetae
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA
    J1-ZS3668>>FGC41588
    mtDNA
    H14a+[3 Extras]

Canada Germany Sikh Empire Sweden Russian Federation India
    Somewhere around the shores of the BLACK Sea, I guess, both I and J.

Registered Users
    Sex

Published data indicates that the most recent common ancestor of today's I individuals originated in North West Europe. Haplogroup I itself might have originated elsewhere, but its surviving lineages appear to be of North West European origin. An ancestor of today's I's most recent common ancestor is likely to have arisen anywhere between Kurdistan and Germany, but we don't know whether this ancestor was I*, IJ* or even HIJK* when it moved out of the Kurdistan region.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to epp For This Useful Post:

paulgill (01-22-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Franchouillard
    Y-DNA
    G2a2b2a1b1a2a1-S2808
    mtDNA
    H2a2a1

Normandie Wallonia
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lyonnist View Post
    The Kurds have two major haplogroups: I2 (25%) and R1a (19.5%)

The question is: why?
    The Kurd major haplogroup is J2.

For Middle East statistics, Some old studies (before 2007) mistook about the assignment of STR results to some haplogroups, specially to the haplogroup I2. It has been known since a long time but results are always online and added to more recent statistics often and falsified them.
    I guess that even the "kurdish blogspot" (signalled by Humanist) adds them to more recent and better results.

I suppose this error remains online because researcher susceptibility.

Welcome ! Bienvenue à la boule lyonnaise, au jesus et aux traboules.

french : Il est souvent considéré que le "French" échantillon utilisé dans les études autosomales est plus ou moins centré sur Lyon, les résultats des échantillons "French Basque", 'SouthWest France" sont assez différents et les résultats individuels du Nord de la France sont assez différents, intemédiaires avec "South West England", ,"South East England", "South Dutch" or "West German" suivant les régions.

My poor english : It is often considered that the "French" sample used in the autosomal studies is more or less centered about Lyon, the results of the samples "French Basque", 'SouthWest France" are différent enough and the personal résults in North France are also différent enough , intemediary with "South West England", "South East England", "South Dutch" or "West German" according to the régions.
    Last edited by palamede; 01-23-2016 at 06:02 AM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    2/3 celt - 1/3 germanic
    Nationality
    French
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z138
    mtDNA
    H1e1a

France European Union Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by palamede View Post
    The Kurd major haplogroup is J2.

For Middle East statistics, Some old studies (before 2007) mistook about the assignment of STR results to some haplogroups, specially to the haplogroup I2. It has been known since a long time but results are always online and added to more recent statistics often and falsified them.
    I guess that even the "kurdish blogspot" (signalled by Humanist) adds them to more recent and better results.

I suppose this error remains online because researcher susceptibility.
    That people should take care to update the maps Eupedia, then.
    FTDNA => 67 % West and Central Europe - 18 % South Europe - 14 % East Europe - < 1 % North and Central America

V2 K15 (Average France) => North Sea : 27.46 (28.25) - Atlantic : 21.26 (26.05) - West Med : 19.05 (15.53) - Baltic : 9.17 (8.22) - Eastern Euro : 8.80 (6.32) - West Asian : 6.31 (4.66) - East Med : 4.85 (6.72) - Red Sea : 2.08 (2.83) - Amerindian : 1.02 (0.20)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345