Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 474

Thread: Albanian DNA Project

  1. #441
    Registered Users
    Posts
    116
    Sex
    Location
    Split, Croatia
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Nationality
    Croatian
    Y-DNA
    J-M241>L283
    mtDNA
    N1b1c

    Croatia Croatia Split-Dalmatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Skerdilaidas View Post
    Yes, as TuaMan confirmed it they are Hot, Traboin more specifically (Pjeter Gega's descendants).
    I'm wondering what signals 23andMe is picking up as I get some Albanians at the very end of my DNA Relatives. I also know that their cousin predictor isn't perfect as I stumbled upon a 3rd cousin last night who they predicted to be "5th cousin to distant". I should make a list of the Albanians that are in my DNA Relatives finder and pm it to one of you guys. From what I see it's mainly from Montenegro and some from Kosovo.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Illyro-Vlach For This Useful Post:

     Skerdilaidas (08-08-2017)

  3. #442
    Registered Users
    Posts
    182
    Sex
    Nationality
    Shqiptar
    Y-DNA
    R1b-CTS9219

    Quote Originally Posted by Illyro-Vlach View Post
    I'm wondering what signals 23andMe is picking up as I get some Albanians at the very end of my DNA Relatives. I also know that their cousin predictor isn't perfect as I stumbled upon a 3rd cousin last night who they predicted to be "5th cousin to distant". I should make a list of the Albanians that are in my DNA Relatives finder and pm it to one of you guys. From what I see it's mainly from Montenegro and some from Kosovo.
    Interesting. I never paid much attention to my distant relatives there because I assumed in good part they are false positive matches because 23andme doesn't do phasing. I have like 1344 relatives currently, mostly from the Balkans but some even from England and as far as Spain.

    Yeah send the list to me and I will look at it. I am matching you there basically on the same distance as the member Trojet here and few other Albanians, very distantly.
    Last edited by Skerdilaidas; 08-08-2017 at 05:15 PM.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Skerdilaidas For This Useful Post:

     Illyro-Vlach (08-08-2017)

  5. #443
    Registered Users
    Posts
    116
    Sex
    Location
    Split, Croatia
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Nationality
    Croatian
    Y-DNA
    J-M241>L283
    mtDNA
    N1b1c

    Croatia Croatia Split-Dalmatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Skerdilaidas View Post
    Interesting. I never paid much attention to my distant relatives there because I assumed in good part they are false positive matches because 23andme doesn't do phasing. I have like 13444 relatives currently, mostly from the Balkans but some even from England and as far as Spain.

    Yeah send the list to me and I will look at it. I am matching you there basically on the same distance as the member Trojet here and few other Albanians, very distantly.
    I will send you a sheet with names and their haplogroups/geographic areas when I am feeling much less lazy than I am at present. But yeah, there must be a lot of false positives in DNA Relatives. The further down the list I go the more remote the region.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Illyro-Vlach For This Useful Post:

     Skerdilaidas (08-08-2017)

  7. #444
    Junior Member
    Posts
    1
    Sex
    Location
    Podgorica
    Ethnicity
    Montenegrin
    Nationality
    Montenegrin

    Montenegro
    Hi guys i was doing some research into my family tree.I come from the Hoti Tribe [Junēaj Brotherhood] but my family converted to Islam some time ago maybe 200-300 years I'm not sure .I'm trying to get the family tree all up to Gega Lazder(Laz/Lazar).I have found the one which i will give imgur link below.I would like to get a complete version or at least all Junēaj Members or most of them.

    imgur(dot)com/a/NvnAd -is the link to the picture i found.

    I have been doing a lot of research in order to find the missing part of the tree but I can't find it anywhere and I don't speak Albanian language .If you have any information I would greatly appreciate it.If someone needs more information I will try to provide it!
    Last edited by shadowy1; 09-10-2017 at 08:42 AM.

  8. #445
    Registered Users
    Posts
    10
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowy1 View Post
    Hi guys i was doing some research into my family tree.I come from the Hoti Tribe but my family converted to Islam some time ago maybe 200-300 years im not sure .im trying to get the family tree all up to Gega Lazder.I have found this one but does anyone have complete version ?

    imgur(dot)com/a/NvnAd -is the link to the picture i found.

    I come from the Juncaj Brotherhood.I have been doing a lot of researchin order to find the missing part of the tree but i cant find it anywhere and i dont speak albanian.If you have any information i would greatly appreciate.If someone needs more info i will try to provide it!
    Pro tip: change Ethnicity/Nationality fields of your profile.

  9. #446
    Registered Users
    Posts
    57
    Sex
    Omitted
    Y-DNA
    J2b2-L283>Z1296+
    mtDNA
    H2a1

    Very sad news, Robert Elsie passed away today:

    http://www.elsie.de/index.htm

    https://www.facebook.com/robert.elsie1
    Last edited by TuaMan; 10-02-2017 at 10:42 PM.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TuaMan For This Useful Post:

     Illyro-Vlach (10-03-2017), olive picker (10-11-2017), Skerdilaidas (10-05-2017)

  11. #447
    Registered Users
    Posts
    102
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    North
    Y-DNA
    J2b2-L283>PH1751

    New result:

    Krasniqi (Blakaj brotherhood). From Vrellė, Istog, Kosova.

    Haplogroup: E1b-V13

    Tested with ftDNA, Y111.
    Last edited by olive picker; 10-11-2017 at 03:43 PM.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to olive picker For This Useful Post:

     Illyro-Vlach (10-12-2017), Skerdilaidas (10-11-2017), Trojet (10-11-2017)

  13. #448
    Registered Users
    Posts
    102
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    North
    Y-DNA
    J2b2-L283>PH1751

    Five new results from 23andme:


    1) Shkreli, from Kėllezne e Poshtme, Ulēin.
    Halpogoup: R1b-L23

    2) Triesh (or Triepshi), brotherhood Bėnkaj, from Trieshi in Malsia.
    Haplogroup: R1b-L23

    3) Krasniqi, from Prishtina (origins in Medvegja).
    Haplogroup: R1b-L23

    4) Hoti, Gjonaj brotherhood, from Hoti i Vendit, Plavė - Guci.
    Haplogroup: J2b2-M241

    5) Gashi, from Northern Mitrovica.
    Haplogroup: J2b2-M241

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olive picker For This Useful Post:

     Illyro-Vlach (10-15-2017), Skerdilaidas (10-12-2017)

  15. #449
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    3,880
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Nationality
    N/A
    Y-DNA
    I2a1-L621- PH 908
    mtDNA
    H 47

    Quote Originally Posted by olive picker View Post
    Five new results from 23andme:


    1) Shkreli, from Kėllezne e Poshtme, Ulēin.
    Halpogoup: R1b-L23

    2) Triesh (or Triepshi), brotherhood Bėnkaj, from Trieshi in Malsia.
    Haplogroup: R1b-L23

    3) Krasniqi, from Prishtina (origins in Medvegja).
    Haplogroup: R1b-L23

    4) Hoti, Gjonaj brotherhood, from Hoti i Vendit, Plavė - Guci.
    Haplogroup: J2b2-M241

    5) Gashi, from Northern Mitrovica.
    Haplogroup: J2b2-M241
    Are those results able to be more precise in terms of subhaplogroups ?

  16. #450
    Registered Users
    Posts
    260
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Y-DNA
    J2b2-L283>Z1296+

    Albania United States of America Kosovo European Union
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravetto-Danubian View Post
    Are those results able to be more precise in terms of subhaplogroups ?
    We can make a good guess based on other members of such tribes tested at FTDNA/YSEQ. But obviously, nothing is certain.

    However, we don't use 23andMe results for our results database. They're just used as a reference for northern tribes.
    Last edited by Trojet; 10-12-2017 at 04:52 PM.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trojet For This Useful Post:

     Gravetto-Danubian (10-12-2017), Illyro-Vlach (10-15-2017), Skerdilaidas (10-12-2017)

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Albanian
    By Glauk in forum Balkan
    Replies: 833
    Last Post: Yesterday, 03:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •