Ethnicity
    Russian/a bit Ashkenazi
    Nationality
    Russian
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Z92>Y4459>YP569

Russian Federation Ukraine Belarus Israel
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsakhur View Post
    Thank you! Is the Guinean with mostly 1% South European, the Mandinka from Guinea Bissau? Because I initially thought you mention that the Mandinka sample is 100% SSA.
    Is the Middle East in Gambian include in the North African category?
    Middle East in AncestryDNA is separated from North Africa.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Oleg (Rus) For This Useful Post:

Don Felipe (12-11-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    L3e4

Cape Verde Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleg (Rus) View Post
    This Fula has a big non-SSA admixture. Does he/she come from a region close to Berber people?
    The Fula person is from Guinea Conakry, the socalled Futa Jallon region, there are no Berber people living nearby. However it is assumed that the Fula migrated southwards and then also eastwards from their original homeland in Futa Toro. Which is situated inbetween Senegal and Mauritania.

There is still some research needed to establish how exactly the Fula ethnogenesis evolved. Personally i believe the non-SSA part might partially be attributed to intermarriage with Mauritanian Berbers taking place in a historical time period, say the last 2000 years or so. Probably most of it already absorbed before the arrival of the Portuguese in Upper Guinea in the 1400's, as they describe the Fula as having a distinct phenotype then already.

However i think partially it might also suggest a much more ancient admixture event to be traced back to a Green Sahara timeperiod. I find it very fascinating that the Fula DNA results i have seen sofar show a combination of North Africa and southern Europe. That last component should obviously not be taken literally to imply any recent Iberian connection. In fact most North AFricans also tend to score big amounts of socalled southern Europe, both on 23andme and especially on AncestryDNA. For them a historical connection with exciled Andalucian Morisco's may very well apply. Howver i think also in their case, in addition, also a much more ancient, prehistorical overlap in genetics between North AFrica and Iberia may be suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsakhur View Post
    Thank you! Is the Guinean with mostly 1% South European, the Mandinka from Guinea Bissau? Because I initially thought you mention that the Mandinka sample is 100% SSA.
    Is the Middle East in Gambian include in the North African category?

Yes it's him and i said " practically" Middle East is classified separately under West Asia by AncestryDNA.
    Hidden Content
    Exploring the Ethnic Origins of the Afro-Diaspora

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Don Felipe For This Useful Post:

Oleg (Rus) (12-11-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Swahili
    Nationality
    Kenyan

Kenya Tanzania United Kingdom Iran African Union
    Gr8 work, are there any Swahili results you might like to share as it would be interesting to see the similarity between other Swahilis from Kenya, Tanzania and Zanzibar and me.
    Last edited by SWAHILLI_PRINCE16; 12-11-2016 at 06:31 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SWAHILLI_PRINCE16 For This Useful Post:

Don Felipe (12-11-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Quote Originally Posted by Don Felipe View Post

Yes it's him and i said " practically" Middle East is classified separately under West Asia by AncestryDNA.
    OK. Maybe is because the very minor West Asia score of the result is not seen in the post. It will avoid initial a bit confusion I have regarding the West Asia.
    Last edited by Tsakhur; 12-11-2016 at 06:43 PM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Swahili
    Nationality
    Kenyan

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SWAHILLI_PRINCE16 For This Useful Post:

Don Felipe (12-11-2016), Oleg (Rus) (12-11-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    L3e4

Cape Verde Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAHILLI_PRINCE16 View Post
    Gr8 work, are there any Swahili results you might like to share as it would be interesting to see the similarity between other Swahilis from Kenya, Tanzania and Zanzibar and me.
    I have seen one possibly Tanzanian Swahili result, but i think she might just be half and other half unknown and probably not even Tanzanian. I can post later if you like.

How many DNA matches did you get on AncestryDNA and did you test your parents on AncestryDNA as well?
    Hidden Content

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Swahili
    Nationality
    Kenyan

I have seen one possibly Tanzanian Swahili result, but i think she might just be half and other half unknown and probably not even Tanzanian. I can post later if you like.

How many DNA matches did you get on AncestryDNA and did you test your parents on AncestryDNA as well?
    Yes feel free to share it, I did not test my parents at AncestyDNA. How do you find out how many matches you have on ancestrydna?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    L3e4

Cape Verde Netherlands
    Here's the screenshot, i'm not 100% sure but from what i've read this would be a half Tanzanian half Nigerian person and also one (great?)grandfather from Oman. Most likely her Tanzanian/Omani half will be comprised of 24% SE Bantu + 13% West Asia + 1% "Jewish" + 12% Cameroon/Congo.

1/2 Tanzania & 1/2 Nigeria

Last edited by Don Felipe; 12-12-2016 at 09:31 PM.
    Hidden Content

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Don Felipe For This Useful Post:

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16 (12-13-2016), Varun R (12-16-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Swahili
    Nationality
    Kenyan

Here's the screenshot, i'm not 100% sure but from what i've read this would be a half Tanzanian half Nigerian person and also one (great?)grandfather from Oman. Most likely her Tanzanian/Omani half will be comprised of 24% SE Bantu + 13% West Asia + 1% "Jewish" + 12% Cameroon/Congo.

1/2 Tanzania & 1/2 Nigeria

Thanks for sharing, these results are like that of a Swahili person IMO. The Nigerian is could be a Southern Nigerian Bantu component and he or she scoring South Eastern Bantu as well gives me a picture of the person being from Kenya or Tanzania. As a Swahili our maternal homeland is believed to be from Shungwaya in Southern Somalia where many Bantu tribes fled because of conflict with the Oromo.

The admixture Middle Eastern and Bantu is typical of a Swahili person. Note that the admixture between the Omani/Yemeni and Bantu/Mijikenda in specific could be a reflection of what was going on in the 16th century or even starting form the 6th century AD.

Just a quick comparison...

My results(Kenyan Swahili from Mombasa)

rASHIDS aNCESTRYDNA.PNG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SWAHILLI_PRINCE16; 12-13-2016 at 08:04 PM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SWAHILLI_PRINCE16 For This Useful Post:

drobbah (12-16-2016), Oleg (Rus) (12-13-2016), Varun R (12-16-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    L3e4

Cape Verde Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAHILLI_PRINCE16 View Post
    Thanks for sharing, these results are like that of a Swahili person IMO. .
    It does look nearly like a Swahili result however i think more typically a combination of only SE Bantu + Cameroon/Congo + some minor Middle East will be seen for fully Swahili's. The socalled "Nigeria" region might indeed also be reported for people outside of Nigeria, however i'm very doubtful it would be as prominent as in this case. Also the minor but still considerable (above tracelevel) amounts of Ivory Coast/Ghana + Benin togo already betray that this person is indeed only half Swahili.

What i find interesting is that this half Swahili person shows no socalled "Africa North" at all. While you do show 4% in addition to your 3% Middle East. I am inclined to think that you inherited this socalled North African component by way of your Kikiyu side, representing some ancient and widespread Cushitic component for them.
    Last edited by Don Felipe; 12-16-2016 at 10:18 PM.
    Hidden Content

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Don Felipe For This Useful Post:

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16 (12-16-2016)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast