Ethnicity
    British Isles, NW Europe
    Nationality
    Southern American (Arkie)
    Y-DNA
    R-DF99>FGC847>FGC864
    mtDNA
    H3b1b1

United States of America Northern Ireland Scotland England North of England Ireland Wales

H3b

My haplogroup is H3b1b1. My earliest known maternal ancestor is Mary E "Mollie" Williams, b. 1851 in Lake County, Tennessee. Looking at my matches on FTDNA, my best guess is that the line came from Western Ireland before arriving in North America. Who else is H3, H3b?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Torc Seanathair For This Useful Post:

Wolfie (01-12-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    mtDNA
    H3

Scotland Spain
    Hello,

I recently took a 23andMe autosomal test. The initial results came back this weekend, and they showed that my Haplogroup is H3. I had no idea that 23andMe would be giving me that information. I had briefly considered taking the mtDNA at Family Finder, but I have been so focused on searching for my unknown biological father, that I just put that on the back burner. I attempted to find out a bit about H3, and read that, among Europe's current population, that it is found at the highest levels in different areas of Spain. My maternal line, as far as I have been able to determine, were Scots-Irish and English.
    Last edited by Wolfie; 01-12-2015 at 01:01 PM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    N1c1a1
    mtDNA
    H3b

I got H3b as well. Though It seems to be more common in the Atlantic zone, it's not that rare in Finland either. I'm guessing it's either a neolithic or mesolithic Iberian origin or am I completely off?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Shema Yisrael
    Nationality
    jewishwith thracian blood
    Y-DNA
    E-S11956
    mtDNA
    h3ap -plovdiv

ancient dna h3b occurrences i think it is the proto- germanic branch of mtdna h3

1}
    B]Bell Beaker Germany Alberstedt [ALB 1]
    2371-2282 BC

H3b
    [/B]

2}
    Denmark Falshoj [RISE71] M 2196-2023 BC 203,604

H3b 263G, 750G, 1438G, 2581G, 3107T, 15326G, 16519C Allentoft 2
    eurogenes k13
    Lebanese_Muslim + Lebanese_Muslim + Serbian + Tuscan @ 1.235682
    do

AJ + RO + Samaritan + South_Italian_&_Sicilian @ 2.93306
    geno 2 next genration after fixed rounding error : i am 99% human + 1% archaic caveman
    dodecad k7b
    1 Druze + Lithuanian + S_Italian_Sicilian + Samaritians @ 0.000000 Hidden Content Hidden Content

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    N1c1a1
    mtDNA
    H3b

Quote Originally Posted by kingjohn View Post
    ancient dna h3b occurrences i think it is the proto- germanic branch of mtdna h3
    Interesting, my maternal ancestry is from southern ostrobothnia which has been speculated of having some polish/east-german geneflow during the merovingian era ca. 1000 AD (lots of r1a and Vendic placenames). Perhaps there's a connection, perhaps not.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to homunculus For This Useful Post:

kingjohn (10-12-2017)