Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    I2a1c
    mtDNA
    J2a1

Italy England North of England United States of America

I2a3a

I belong to Haplogroup I2a3a. Actually, it only recently received this name. It was I2a3 before that, and falls under I2a1c. It's characterizedby the SNP I-L223 DDownstream from I-P37.2. My Paternal Line is all English from.Yorkshire. About 3.5% of Englishmen are I2, and about 0.3% are I2a3a. Demographically, it seems to hold a widespread, yet pretty low frequency, across eastern and central England, northern Germany, and northern Holland.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Barellalee For This Useful Post:

Mehrdad (03-19-2014)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Wallon, German, French, +
    Y-DNA
    I2a3a - aka I-L233
    mtDNA
    H5b1

I am I2a3a 'Western' (I-L233) P37.2+ L1286+ L1287+ L233+.

Did you mean "L223" or "L233" - I suspect the "L223" is a typo?

Mine came from northwestern Germany (Saxon). But thanks to naming practices in which children often took the name of the farm (the land) on which they were born, I cannot be sure of the surname to which my Y-DNA is attached. Strangely enough the matches I have on FamilyTreeDNA (and in the I2a Project) are mostly from England. Although those matches are only on 37 markers (I tested 67) and have a 'genetic distance' of 3.

I also have an inordinate percentage (in my opinion) of ethnicity determination from Britain by both AncestryDNA and 23andMe. I get the feeling (cannot prove) that my Y-DNA haplogroup is part of why those British ethnicity determinations are made. Although, I am also a quarter Belgian and a quarter Saxon German and I suspect those are what determined to be British - the Celtic Belgae being pre-Roman invaders of England and Saxons invading as the Roman Empire waned.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LynnMCF For This Useful Post:

palamede (03-23-2014)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian & English
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    I2a1c
    mtDNA
    J2a1

Italy England North of England United States of America
    Yes, sorry that was incorrect. I meant L233 :-) It is interesting to see a non-English I2a3a, as most I have heard about were English, despite the hypothesis that it arrived in Britain from Germany with the Dark Ages migrations. From the statistics I've seen, it occurs in but a few male-line family surnames in but a few English County-Shires, and I've heard it has also been found in Germans and Dutch, as you've just shown. I don't know how it all got "hypothesized", but it is said that L233 shared a common stock at about 150 A.D., at where they think is the North Sea coast of Germany, and then dispersed outward from there. How this is determined, I have no idea. However, the fact that it occurs in English County-Shires, and is never seen in Wales, seems to strengthen the hypothesis that it arrived between the end of the Roman Empire and the beginning of the Middle Ages from the northwest of the Continent. What more do you know about your Paternal Line family? I am very interested, as you are German, and we share the same Subclade.

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian- Scots Irish.
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    I-a8689/I-L11949
    mtDNA
    H7D2A

Barellalee: I am also p37.2+, l1286+, l1287+. l233-. My patriline is from Cadore region of Italy, Belluno province... ancestry supposedly through Nicolotto Palatini (ca 1300), who googles-up as a Venetian official from the extreme southern end of the Serene Republic, the island now called Hvar. Hvar reportedly has the world's highest concentration of our haplotype.

Cordially,
    Rick DeLotto

Quote Originally Posted by Barellalee View Post
    I belong to Haplogroup I2a3a. Actually, it only recently received this name. It was I2a3 before that, and falls under I2a1c. It's characterizedby the SNP I-L223 DDownstream from I-P37.2. My Paternal Line is all English from.Yorkshire. About 3.5% of Englishmen are I2, and about 0.3% are I2a3a. Demographically, it seems to hold a widespread, yet pretty low frequency, across eastern and central England, northern Germany, and northern Holland.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rickdelotto For This Useful Post:

vettor (09-04-2014)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA
    T1a2b1a1a2b
    mtDNA
    H95a -Ostrogoth

Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Italy Sweden Finns
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickdelotto View Post
    Barellalee: I am also p37.2+, l1286+, l1287+. l233-. My patriline is from Cadore region of Italy, Belluno province... ancestry supposedly through Nicolotto Palatini (ca 1300), who googles-up as a Venetian official from the extreme southern end of the Serene Republic, the island now called Hvar. Hvar reportedly has the world's highest concentration of our haplotype.

Cordially,
    Rick DeLotto
    The De Lotto family have always been associated with the area of San Vito di Cadore along with 2 others surnames.....Palatini and Minotto

a Minotto was balio for Venice when Constantinople fell to the ottomans in 1453............he had his head removed from his body.

Father's Mothers Ydna ......R-S22778 ........Merlengo Veneto
    Father's Mtdna .....T2b35.......1735 Porcellengo Veneto Italy
    Wife's Ydna ..........R-DF99
    Sons Mtdna .....K1a4 ...........1710 Carnic Alps

My Path = ( K-M9+, TL-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS54+, CTS8862+, Z19945+, A339+ )

The main negatives = ( M193-, P322-, P327-, Pages11- , L25- , CTS1848- )

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian- Scots Irish.
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    I-a8689/I-L11949
    mtDNA
    H7D2A

Yes--- we are from Tai and San Vito, linked with multiple Colettis and Baldovins. We lose documentation in 1796' when nmy ancetor Giovannibattesta arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by vettor View Post
    The De Lotto family have always been associated with the area of San Vito di Cadore along with 2 others surnames.....Palatini and Minotto

a Minotto was balio for Venice when Constantinople fell to the ottomans in 1453............he had his head removed from his body.