Filipino
    Y-DNA
    P-P295
    mtDNA
    M7C1C3

GEDmatch-puntDNAL15.jpg

@shazou...here you go

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ataneojr1 For This Useful Post:

jortita (12-10-2017), palamede (12-08-2017), rayvs (12-08-2017), shazou (12-08-2017)

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Filipino
    Nationality
    American

United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by ataneojr1 View Post
    GEDmatch-puntDNAL15.jpg

@shazou...here you go
    your results are very interesting. hope Shazou can dissect your admixture.
    are you planning to get phased with your mom? or have you seen any changes with your results from 23andme. I pretty much have the same euro score as yours for my initial report but it magnified after my moms results came in. It actually changed three times.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rayvs For This Useful Post:

shazou (Yesterday)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Filipino
    Y-DNA
    P-P295
    mtDNA
    M7C1C3

@rayvs both my parents are deceased, my mom's brother and most of my dad's siblings are also deceased. The results on 23andMe are the almost exactly the same except more Greyed Out areas.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ataneojr1 For This Useful Post:

parasar (12-08-2017), rayvs (12-08-2017), shazou (Yesterday)

Quote Originally Posted by shazou View Post
    Wegene did the better job of detecting your Indian and Papuan, while 23andme did the better job of detecting your Iberian/Euro.

I thought you would have scored more "Chinese" on 23andme being that you're actually half..looks like most of it had fallen under the "Broadly" categories.. I'd be interested in seeing your 23andme chromosome painting.

Congrats on ur results btw, cheers!

Edit: Oh wait you said Hainan Island, so that region will probably be strongly SE-Asian influenced.
    I did this on GED Match, and KDLP 23b detected South Asian and Oceanian traces, although small, as well.

Eurogene K36 detected European but not the South Asian and Oceanian.

This forum won't allow me to post images or links for some reason but I see everyone else can...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to michelle1989 For This Useful Post:

shazou (Yesterday)

Administrator
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    Q-BZ68
    mtDNA
    H23

Italy Two Sicilies Germany Palatinate Lithuania Poland Slovakia
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle1989 View Post

This forum won't allow me to post images or links for some reason but I see everyone else can...
    Welcome to Anthrogenica michelle1989!
    http://www.anthrogenica.com/faq.php
    2. Site Access and Functionality

2.1 New members, defined as those with less than 10 posts and less than 14 days registration history, are subject to a link posting restriction. Once a new member exceeds 10 posts and a presence of 14 days in Anthrogenica, they will automatically be promoted to the "Regular Users" usergroup.
    Maternal Grandfather's Y Line: J-ZS1711

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Táltos For This Useful Post:

rayvs (12-10-2017), shazou (Yesterday)

Oh okay thanks. I'll post mine later then lol!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to michelle1989 For This Useful Post:

Táltos (12-10-2017)

Bronze Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    1/2 Ilocano 1/2 Tagalog
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    C-M130
    mtDNA
    B4a1a

Philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by ataneojr1 View Post
    GEDmatch-puntDNAL15.jpg

@shazou...here you go
    Interesting..you said 0.6% S_Euro earlier--was that your actual 'total' Euro percentage on 23andme? You seem to score much higher on Gedmatch which could mean your 23andme dominant components may have consumed the more minor components such as the Euro.

A higher NE_European or NW_Euro percentage I'm guessing could mean you have a Spanish ancestor whose bloodlines are coming more from the Northern locations of Spain if we were to assume that your Euro ancestry was Spanish that is. I usually suspect most Filipinos' Euro portion to be Spanish if we of course take into consideration the history of colonization. But you seem to also have some SW_Asian and Caucasian as well which will pull you a little further south towards North Africa genetically.

Do you have any known or documented European ancestry thru paper-trail/family-tree?

..The S_Indian and Oceanian is normal

Bronze Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    1/2 Ilocano 1/2 Tagalog
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    C-M130
    mtDNA
    B4a1a

Philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle1989 View Post
    I did this on GED Match, and KDLP 23b detected South Asian and Oceanian traces, although small, as well.

Eurogene K36 detected European but not the South Asian and Oceanian.

To me puntDNAL K15 on Gedmatch does the best job of detecting the S-Asian and Oceanian in Pinoys.

Yeah I scored no S_Indian or Oceanian on Eurogenes K36 either; I did get some Euro on K36 but only a very tiny amount--I think it was 'East_Med' which I had scored..I think they have a different type of calculation method for that one.. MDLP K23b is great at breaking down the 'Austronesian', 'Daic', 'Tungus/NE-Asian', etc in Asians..which are basically the major East Asian components found in population-genetics. It had picked up some minor S_Indian & Oceanian for me as well but a little lower in amount than what puntDNAL K15 gave me. MDLP did not do the best job at assigning my Euro/Spanish component at least in my case..the puntDNAL calcs seemed much better in this regard.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Filipino
    Y-DNA
    P-P295
    mtDNA
    M7C1C3

@shazou @rayvs
    I score above 1.3% to as high as 8%(I think) on GEDmatch(all projects), DNA.land, Gencove, Geneplaza even Wegene...also show mostly East African even 3% Somali on Wegene and Middle East(?). I have not seen Iberian at all. The closest is Basque at 1.3%. It is Mediterranean Islands( Sicily, Malta, Cyprus), Balkan, Baltic, N.E. European. No paper trail/family tree. According to family lore, Portuguese on fathers side. On moms side it is Chinese mostly ,grandfather and Malay ancestry grandmother.
    From what I have been told I will only show 0.6% on 23andMe V5 because it only goes back 500 Years and therefore my Euro is older than 500 600 years since it doesn't show on Timeline.
    I also carry the gene markers and genotype for Blue/Light Eyes according to www.codegen.eu, Promethease and Wegene.
    I am also ydna P-P295 which is found among the Aeta in Philippines and Timor in Indonesia.
    I match 1 segment at very conservative 50 SNP and 7cM in GEDmatch genesis One on One with Ust Ishim(F999935) which shows Siberian I assume.
    It is all very fascinating plus I have matches with Non South/Southeast/East Asians as 3rd to distant cousins.
    I appreciate your INPUT very much, Thank You

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ataneojr1 For This Useful Post:

shazou (Yesterday)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123