Thread: Why are there so many Arabians on yfull.com?

Registered Users
    Sex

Why are there so many Arabians on yfull.com?

I was browsing through yfull.com and noticed that in almost all haplogroups there is an overrepresentation of Arabians (Gulf Arabs) on there. How come? Is full Y testing popular over there or something?

https://yfull.com/tree/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NetNomad For This Useful Post:

NiloSaharan (11-14-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA
    T1a2b- Z19945
    mtDNA
    H95a- Ostrogoth

Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Italy Sweden Finns
    Quote Originally Posted by NetNomad View Post
    I was browsing through yfull.com and noticed that in almost all haplogroups there is an overrepresentation of Arabians (Gulf Arabs) on there. How come? Is full Y testing popular over there or something?

https://yfull.com/tree/
    I read recently that it was due to the Saudi government stopping over 100000 couples getting married from 2015 to present because they realise that there are many internal family marriages. So now you need to get a dna done. ....., maybe this is only part correct.
    Google to read

4. The Following User Says Thank You to vettor For This Useful Post:

NetNomad (11-14-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by vettor View Post
    I read recently that it was due to the Saudi government stopping over 100000 couples getting married from 2015 to present because they realise that there are many internal family marriages. So now you need to get a dna done. ....., maybe this is only part correct.
    Google to read
    Interesting, I thought it was because they are into tribal lineages.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA
    T1a2b- Z19945
    mtDNA
    H95a- Ostrogoth

Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Italy Sweden Finns
    Quote Originally Posted by NetNomad View Post
    Interesting, I thought it was because they are into tribal lineages.
    one part of the issue

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-f...where-32050313

and it began way back in early 2000

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/01/wo...nbreeding.html

European - 99.2%............Central Asian - 0.8% .............Yfull - 1460BC
    Father's Mtdna .....T2b17.......1735 Porcellengo Veneto Italy
    Sons Mtdna .....K1a4 ...........1710 Carnic Alps

My Path = ( K-M9+, TL-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS54+, CTS8862+, Z19945+, A339+ )

The main negatives = ( M193-, P322-, P327-, Pages11- , L25- , CTS1848- )

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vettor For This Useful Post:

MikeWhalen (11-15-2017), NetNomad (11-14-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Gafasigirig
    Nationality
    Icecold
    Y-DNA
    Q-Y16849
    mtDNA
    H14a

Turkey Afsharid Dynasty
    They gotz many moneys and the rest are poor people saving a year for bigY. I sometimes see clades full of gulf arabs with a trmca below 400years, i dont see the point why they then test all those guys with bigy. Then I realize, money does not make sense.
    Of all the countries, this is possibly the most beautiful. All that is beautiful and can be rarely seen in
    other countries can be seen everywhere here... Here live the people who wear the cleanest clothes and prepare the
    most flavorful dishes... Of all of Gods servants, the local people are the most compassionate and merciful...

Ibn Battuta about Asia Minor 1333CE

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Afshar For This Useful Post:

NetNomad (11-14-2017), NiloSaharan (11-14-2017), vettor (11-14-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Afshar View Post
    They gotz many moneys and the rest are poor people saving a year for bigY. I sometimes see clades full of gulf arabs with a trmca below 400years, i dont see the point why they then test all those guys with bigy. Then I realize, money does not make sense.
    Haha, good one. Guys are rich.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NetNomad For This Useful Post:

Afshar (11-14-2017)

Gold Member Class
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Central/E. Sudanic
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA
    A-M13 (Y25085)
    mtDNA
    L3x2b

Canada Uganda Southern Sudan Chad Ethiopia Omo Region Sudan
    Quote Originally Posted by Afshar View Post
    Very true, I noticed within A-M13 there's several within a 275 and even 100 TMRCA:

I emailed a few from BigY in both English and Arabic, months later I finally got a response from one claiming to have paternal roots in Mecca.
    He mentioned being from the same tribe of Mohammed (Quraish) although from a different clan... so I think for many this holds some kinda religious infatuation.

...still doesn't explain why you'd wanna blow money on NGS paternal testing if you're immediate family members.
    PuntDNAL K8
    Population: Hidden Content 46.16, Ubangian_Congo 9.56, W_Benue_Congo 24.21, Eastern_HG 2.09, E_Benue_Congo 12.94, Omotic 5.05
    Single Population Sharing: Hidden Content 14.17, Hidden Content 17.26, South_Sudanese 25.21, South_Sudan_Anuak 25.65, Cameroon_Mada 28.57, Ethiopian_Gumuz 33.91, Kenyan_Maasai 36.07, Kenyan_Bantu 38.05, Chad_Kaba 40.04, DRC_Hema 42.08, Kenyan_Luhya 46.64

The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it - Hidden Content

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NiloSaharan For This Useful Post:

Afshar (11-14-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Gafasigirig
    Nationality
    Icecold
    Y-DNA
    Q-Y16849
    mtDNA
    H14a

Turkey Afsharid Dynasty
    Quote Originally Posted by NiloSaharan View Post
    Very true, I noticed within A-M13 there's several within a 275 and even 100 TMRCA:

I emailed a few from BigY in both English and Arabic, months later I finally got a response from one claiming to have paternal roots in Mecca.
    He mentioned being from the same tribe of Mohammed (Quraish) although from a different clan... so I think for many this holds some kinda religious infatuation.

...still doesn't explain why you'd wanna blow money on NGS paternal testing if you're immediate family members.
    50 years?? Spend 575 dollars to know your brother is also your fathers son. Spend 575 dollars again to know your father is really your father.
    Of all the countries, this is possibly the most beautiful. All that is beautiful and can be rarely seen in
    other countries can be seen everywhere here... Here live the people who wear the cleanest clothes and prepare the
    most flavorful dishes... Of all of Gods servants, the local people are the most compassionate and merciful...

Ibn Battuta about Asia Minor 1333CE

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Afshar For This Useful Post:

NiloSaharan (11-14-2017)