Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Interpreting Geno 2.0 results (Assyrian)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Posts
    5
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Y-DNA
    J-L556 /J-PF7404
    mtDNA
    H

    Assyria 1913-1923 Iraq 1959-1963 Sweden

    Question Interpreting Geno 2.0 results (Assyrian)

    Hi there, so im new here and i have some problems concerning my results. I am quite confused by the results. My geno 2.0 results came back as having paternal haplogroup J-PF7404 (there is zero info about it). Now i transferred my results to ftdna and the results there were quite different. Ftdna had me as J-L556.

    After researching a bit, i found out that this (J-L556) is a primarly jewish group which is interesting seeing that im assyrian (aramean).

    Could someone please help me understand all of this?

    I should probably also note that my reference population was georgian. And the common link was the Anatolian origin.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marlonlanxton For This Useful Post:

     Agamemnon (11-15-2017), Humanist (11-15-2017), Principe (11-14-2017), Targum (11-14-2017)

  3. #2
    Registered Users
    Posts
    66
    Sex
    Omitted
    Location
    Lebanon
    Ethnicity
    Phoenician-Canaanite
    Y-DNA
    J-PF4678
    mtDNA
    K1A19

    United States of America Lebanon
    Quote Originally Posted by marlonlanxton View Post
    Hi there, so im new here and i have some problems concerning my results. I am quite confused by the results. My geno 2.0 results came back as having paternal haplogroup J-PF7404 (there is zero info about it). Now i transferred my results to ftdna and the results there were quite different. Ftdna had me as J-L556.

    After researching a bit, i found out that this (J-L556) is a primarly jewish group which is interesting seeing that im assyrian (aramean).

    Could someone please help me understand all of this?

    I should probably also note that my reference population was georgian. And the common link was the Anatolian origin.
    You have to do a Paternal DNA test on FTDNA. How did you transfer your info and activate it on FTDNA, I can't seem to do purchase anything after I transferred by Geno 2.0 results.

    Also, I got Georgian as well.

    May I ask what your admixture was?

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Batroun For This Useful Post:

     Agamemnon (11-15-2017), kingjohn (11-14-2017), Principe (11-14-2017), Targum (11-14-2017)

  5. #3
    Junior Member
    Posts
    5
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Y-DNA
    J-L556 /J-PF7404
    mtDNA
    H

    Assyria 1913-1923 Iraq 1959-1963 Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Batroun View Post
    You have to do a Paternal DNA test on FTDNA. How did you transfer your info and activate it on FTDNA, I can't seem to do purchase anything after I transferred by Geno 2.0 results.

    Also, I got Georgian as well.

    May I ask what your admixture was?
    There should be on the right side of the website (at the Geno 2.0 website) where it says transfer your results. After clicking on it, you should be able to input your samples ID (which you can find if you click on your profile on the Geno website)


    My admixture was:
    87% Asian Minor
    7% Arabia
    3% Jewish Diaspora
    3% Central Asia
    What was your admixture?

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marlonlanxton For This Useful Post:

     Batroun (11-14-2017), kingjohn (11-14-2017), Principe (11-14-2017), Targum (11-15-2017)

  7. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    66
    Sex
    Omitted
    Location
    Lebanon
    Ethnicity
    Phoenician-Canaanite
    Y-DNA
    J-PF4678
    mtDNA
    K1A19

    United States of America Lebanon
    Quote Originally Posted by marlonlanxton View Post
    There should be on the right side of the website (at the Geno 2.0 website) where it says transfer your results. After clicking on it, you should be able to input your samples ID (which you can find if you click on your profile on the Geno website)


    My admixture was:
    87% Asian Minor
    7% Arabia
    3% Jewish Diaspora
    3% Central Asia
    What was your admixture?
    I thought they replaced Arabia with Southwest Asia!? or maybe they are both different

    Mine was 55% Asia Minor
    29% Italy and Southern Europe
    13% Southwest Asia
    2% Jewish Diaspora

  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Batroun For This Useful Post:

     Agamemnon (11-15-2017), kingjohn (11-14-2017), marlonlanxton (11-15-2017), mikeeraz (11-15-2017), Principe (11-14-2017), Targum (11-14-2017)

  9. #5
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    792
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Ethnicity
    LebaGermish
    Y-DNA
    P312>DF19>DF88>S4268
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1e

    United States of America Lebanon Germany England Belgium Scotland
    From another thread, here are Mom's NG results, done right before they switched to Helix:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dewsloth View Post
    Well Mom's results are in, but NG doesn't use exactly the same graphic as before:



    She groups closest to Georgians and North Caucasus. NG's "typical" Lebanese sample average is 44% Arab, 14% Diasporah, Asia Minor 10%, Southern Europe 5%, N. Africa 11%, E. Africa 2%
    R1b (aka M343) > M269 > L23 > L51 > L11 > P312 > DF19 > DF88 > FGC11833 > S4281 > S4268 > Z17112 (S17075-, L644-)

    Archaeological cousin: 6DRIF-23 of Driffield Terrace Roman Cemetery, York (Z17112+, S17075+, L644-)

    Known ancestors: Francis Cooke (I-M223/I2a2a) b. 1583; John Wing (U106) b. 1584; Richard Warren (M269Hidden Content ) b.c. 1578; Elizabeth Walker (Warren) (H1j mtDNA) b. 1583; John Mead b.c. 1634 (I2a1/P37.2)

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dewsloth For This Useful Post:

     kingjohn (11-14-2017), marlonlanxton (11-15-2017), Principe (11-14-2017), Targum (11-14-2017)

  11. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    366
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Y-DNA
    J-Y15222
    mtDNA
    U5a2b5

    Italy Italy Sicily Italy Two Sicilies Vatican Star of David
    Quote Originally Posted by marlonlanxton View Post
    Hi there, so im new here and i have some problems concerning my results. I am quite confused by the results. My geno 2.0 results came back as having paternal haplogroup J-PF7404 (there is zero info about it). Now i transferred my results to ftdna and the results there were quite different. Ftdna had me as J-L556.

    After researching a bit, i found out that this (J-L556) is a primarly jewish group which is interesting seeing that im assyrian (aramean).

    Could someone please help me understand all of this?

    I should probably also note that my reference population was georgian. And the common link was the Anatolian origin.
    Marlonanxton, J-PF7404 is equivalent to J-CTS2906 which is the upstream of J-L556. On Yfull which is a website that has a large and well detailed tree with all the snps of Haplogroups it is listed as J-Z8096.

    https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-Z8096/

    These are the snps that define J-Z8096: FGC20252/Y9002 * CTS2906/PF7397 * PF7404 * Z8096 * CTS4132/PF7402/Z28604 * S16400/Z28610 * FGC20251/Y7534/Z38464 * Y7536/FGC20250/Z28608 * Y7532/FGC20278/Z28609 * Z28611 * FGC20273 * S20133 * CTS9284 * Y9408/FGC20264 * Y7535 * Y13372 * CTS4861

    This part seems correct, under Z8096 there is the S8230 which seems to European, the Y20051 which seems exculsive to Saudi Arabians and J-L556 which is an Ashkenazi lineage. If you are J-L556 you will be the first non Ashkenazi with this line. Have any of the J-M172 project admins contacted you or have you tried to contact them?

  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Principe For This Useful Post:

     Agamemnon (11-15-2017), Dewsloth (11-14-2017), kingjohn (11-15-2017), marlonlanxton (11-15-2017), Targum (11-15-2017)

  13. #7
    Registered Users
    Posts
    66
    Sex
    Omitted
    Location
    Lebanon
    Ethnicity
    Phoenician-Canaanite
    Y-DNA
    J-PF4678
    mtDNA
    K1A19

    United States of America Lebanon
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewsloth View Post
    From another thread, here are Mom's NG results, done right before they switched to Helix:
    I think NG is by far the worst when it comes to Admixture % at least for me. I should Have used Ancestry instead to compliment my 23andme results. Agamemnon used my data from K7 and compared it to ancient samples and concluded I would be somewhere between 90-95% Phoenician Caananite(and that itself is already a mix between 3 large groups of people Proto-Semetic, Kura-Araxes Caucasian and Indo-European)

    23and me gave me 94% Middle Eastern and the rest was an italian component and a Broadly European Although the Middle Eastern component is a huge region It seemed the most accurate compared to what agammenon told me based of his results on me.

    FYI: One of my great grandmothers came from a town in Lebanon that is known to have a lot of Greek ancestry from the past.. that doesn't show up at all.

    EDIT: Furthermore Dewsloth I just found out geno 2.0 next generation removed Arabian as that component represented too many people who clearly aren't actually "ARAB"
    Last edited by Batroun; 11-15-2017 at 02:57 AM.

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Batroun For This Useful Post:

     Agamemnon (11-15-2017), Dewsloth (11-15-2017), marlonlanxton (11-15-2017), Targum (11-15-2017)

  15. #8
    Junior Member
    Posts
    5
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Y-DNA
    J-L556 /J-PF7404
    mtDNA
    H

    Assyria 1913-1923 Iraq 1959-1963 Sweden
    Thank you PRINCIPE* for the answer. I just contacted the group, so im waiting for someone there to hopefully clear this up for me. But seems a bit odd that it(j-l556) would be exclusively european-jewish. Is it not possible that the Assyrian / Syriac sample size is just way too small?
    Last edited by marlonlanxton; 11-15-2017 at 09:25 PM. Reason: wrong name

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marlonlanxton For This Useful Post:

     Agamemnon (11-15-2017), Dewsloth (11-15-2017), Principe (11-15-2017)

  17. #9
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,101
    Sex
    Location
    שארית הפליטה
    Ethnicity
    Shema Yisrael
    Nationality
    jewishwith thracian blood
    Y-DNA
    E-S11956
    mtDNA
    h3ap -plovdiv

    Quote Originally Posted by Batroun View Post
    I think NG is by far the worst when it comes to Admixture % at least for me. I should Have used Ancestry instead to compliment my 23andme results. Agamemnon used my data from K7 and compared it to ancient samples and concluded I would be somewhere between 90-95% Phoenician Caananite(and that itself is already a mix between 3 large groups of people Proto-Semetic, Kura-Araxes Caucasian and Indo-European)

    23and me gave me 94% Middle Eastern and the rest was an italian component and a Broadly European Although the Middle Eastern component is a huge region It seemed the most accurate compared to what agammenon told me based of his results on me.

    FYI: One of my great grandmothers came from a town in Lebanon that is known to have a lot of Greek ancestry from the past.. that doesn't show up at all.

    EDIT: Furthermore Dewsloth I just found out geno 2.0 next generation removed Arabian as that component represented too many people who clearly aren't actually "ARAB"
    you do realise that geno2 next generation to non american costumers
    is the same as my origins 1.0 it is ftdna lab who did this they are working with genographic project
    at least that was the case migule villar from the genographic team told me that personally by email
    you are correct that they change the name arabia now it is called southwest asia and persian gulf
    since you are not american and you got the name for the southern european as the helix version name sothern european+italy i wonder did your results are really helix because my version results are like dwsloth mother before they moved to helix and the same algoritm as ftdna my origins 1.0
    regards
    adam
    eurogenes k13
    Lebanese_Muslim + Lebanese_Muslim + Serbian + Tuscan @ 1.235682
    do

    AJ + RO + Samaritan + South_Italian_&_Sicilian @ 2.93306
    geno 2 next genration after fixed rounding error : i am 99% human + 1% archaic caveman
    dodecad k7b
    1 Druze + Lithuanian + S_Italian_Sicilian + Samaritians @ 0.000000 Hidden Content Hidden Content

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to kingjohn For This Useful Post:

     Batroun (11-15-2017)

  19. #10
    Registered Users
    Posts
    66
    Sex
    Omitted
    Location
    Lebanon
    Ethnicity
    Phoenician-Canaanite
    Y-DNA
    J-PF4678
    mtDNA
    K1A19

    United States of America Lebanon
    I think my NAT Geo is the latest one since I did it last one or two months ago.. I guess we have to wait for the day that DNA companies have enough samples and research to truly show everything.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Batroun For This Useful Post:

     kingjohn (11-15-2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Interpreting my Geno 2.0 Results
    By rastacourage92 in forum Geno 2.0
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-23-2017, 12:42 AM
  2. Can you help me interpreting my results?
    By Lucia Barros in forum Inquiries Corner
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2017, 03:23 PM
  3. Help interpreting results please?
    By Leo Scorpio in forum Genealogy
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 04-04-2017, 10:35 PM
  4. Need some help interpreting results please
    By L1983 in forum Inquiries Corner
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2016, 11:53 PM
  5. Help Interpreting Results
    By mapuajames in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-06-2015, 06:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •