Ethnicity
    Sephardi
    Nationality
    Turkish
    Y-DNA
    E-M84
    mtDNA
    H14b

You will not get an objective truth based on scientific methods from this type of data. 84 samples are not really randomly distributed. Many Tatars and others outside of turkey, at least 4 samples from the same place in Konya etc. What makes Tatars more turkish? They are modelled as 50/50 east/west euroasian. the same for people from turkmenistan and uzbekistan and uygurs. I agree that Q and N has some potential for a Turkic marker but much more study is needed.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Y-DNA
    N-M231

Turkey Great Seljuk Empire
    Quote Originally Posted by eolien View Post
    You will not get an objective truth based on scientific methods from this type of data. 84 samples are not really randomly distributed. Many Tatars and others outside of turkey, at least 4 samples from the same place in Konya etc.
    Hi eolien, let me clarify some of your points.

Non-Anatolian Turkic speakers (Tatars, Azerbaijanis, Balkan Turks etc.) are not included in that pie chart, all of those 84 individuals are Anatolian Turks. There are 146 individuals listed on the project's Y-DNA classic chart (some of them are private so if you are not a project member you can't see them) and 84 of them are Anatolian Turks (on whom the pie chart is based).

84 samples are actually randomly distributed, many Turkish provinces are represented despite the sample size being not large enough. You are right about Konya being overrepresented though, but as you can see each one of those 5 individuals from Konya has different haplogroups.
    1 G-M201
    1 I-L1242
    1 J-ZS5891
    1 N-VL67
    1 R-PH200

Anyway, it is too early to draw conclusions and no one claims that the pie chart in the previous post reflects Turkish Y-DNA 100% accurately, but it will become more accurate as the sample size increases.

The point of my previous posts was clear, Cinnioğlu's methods were problematic. It's obvious that his aim was not to focus exclusively on ethnic Turks, nonetheless the regions should have been represented accurately.

What makes Tatars more turkish? They are modelled as 50/50 east/west euroasian. the same for people from turkmenistan and uzbekistan and uygurs. I agree that Q and N has some potential for a Turkic marker but much more study is needed.
    Sorry, I did not get this part of your post. I don't remember anyone saying anything about Tatars being more Turkic.

By the way, Volga Tatars have 20% East Eurasian admixture on average (assuming the "Tatar" sample on gedmatch's spreadsheets represents Volga Tatars accurately), Turkmens and Uzbeks on the other hand seem to have 20-40% East Eurasian admixture depending on the region.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Gafasigirig
    Nationality
    Icecold
    Y-DNA
    Q-Y16849
    mtDNA
    H14a

Turkey Afsharid Dynasty
    You will not get an objective truth based on scientific methods from this type of data. 84 samples are not really randomly distributed. Many Tatars and others outside of turkey, at least 4 samples from the same place in Konya etc. What makes Tatars more turkish? They are modelled as 50/50 east/west euroasian. the same for people from turkmenistan and uzbekistan and uygurs. I agree that Q and N has some potential for a Turkic marker but much more study is needed.
    There is more "Turkic" than Q and N.
    Of all the countries, this is possibly the most beautiful. All that is beautiful and can be rarely seen in
    other countries can be seen everywhere here... Here live the people who wear the cleanest clothes and prepare the
    most flavorful dishes... Of all of God’s servants, the local people are the most compassionate and merciful...

Ibn Battuta about Asia Minor 1333CE

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Sephardi
    Nationality
    Turkish
    Y-DNA
    E-M84
    mtDNA
    H14b

Quote Originally Posted by Afshar View Post
    There is more "Turkic" than Q and N.
    such as R1a-Z93 or others?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Gafasigirig
    Nationality
    Icecold
    Y-DNA
    Q-Y16849
    mtDNA
    H14a

Turkey Afsharid Dynasty
    such as R1a-Z93 or others?
    Some clades of J2a
    Of all the countries, this is possibly the most beautiful. All that is beautiful and can be rarely seen in
    other countries can be seen everywhere here... Here live the people who wear the cleanest clothes and prepare the
    most flavorful dishes... Of all of God’s servants, the local people are the most compassionate and merciful...

Ibn Battuta about Asia Minor 1333CE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12