Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Haryana jatts European?

  1. #11
    Registered Users
    Posts
    558
    Location
    Gonur Tepe

    Quote Originally Posted by parasar View Post
    I said NE Euro is R1a1-M417 related.
    This relationship is not causal but correlational. When 50-80% of a populations line is of a certain Y type that correlation is strong, if it is 10% or so, not so much.

    Forrest-steppe is related to but not rooted in Yamna.
    Ofcourse it is, much like Corded Ware.

  2. #12
    Registered Users
    Posts
    950
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    M3a2

    India Canada Azad Baluchistan Sikh Empire India Punjab Nishan Sahib
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara101 View Post
    Are you jatt? Yes the 14 15% is found in UP and Nepali brahmins. But is the same source as jatts. Also what is surprising is kalash have lower of this then these north indic groups
    I don't recall UP nepali brahmins getting 15% euro on harrapa. UP brahmins are more ASI shifted and Nepali Brahmins usually slightly East Asian shifted. The max I've seen in a Nepali brahmin is around 13%.

    No, I'm not a jatt. I'm Tarkhan. Kalash people are really inbred, whatever their source ancestry was, they kept it within community with inbreeding. Living in remote area helped them preserve their ancestry from invasions while NW plains of South Asia was open ground for invaders.

    You can look like mongolian and have high NE euro (Siberian and Native americans). It is an ancient admixture whose source population may not look like present day "Caucasians". That's why terms like Caucasian, Mongoloid etc etc kind of become useless in genetics world.
    Deg Teg Fateh - Victory to Charity and Arms

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeyDLuffy For This Useful Post:

     bmoney (10-31-2017)

  4. #13
    Registered Users
    Posts
    558
    Location
    Gonur Tepe

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    I don't recall UP nepali brahmins getting 15% euro on harrapa. UP brahmins are more ASI shifted and Nepali Brahmins usually slightly East Asian shifted. The max I've seen in a Nepali brahmin is around 13%.

    No, I'm not a jatt. I'm Tarkhan. Kalash people are really inbred, whatever their source ancestry was, they kept it within community with inbreeding. Living in remote area helped them preserve their ancestry from invasions while NW plains of South Asia was open ground for invaders.

    You can look like mongolian and have high NE euro (Siberian and Native americans). It is an ancient admixture whose source population may not look like present day "Caucasians". That's why terms like Caucasian, Mongoloid etc etc kind of become useless in genetics world.
    Ironically Kalash do not marry first cousins but clearly have a founder effect. Nuristanis across the border are more or less the same as them but are far more numerous. Khana had a sample of one them he was like a Kalash. Kalash are not all that different genetically from upper caste NW South Asians , just less ASI shifted and more Steppe shifted . What makes them interesting is their men have typical South Asian Y dna ( R2, L, H) but Kalash women have no South Asian Mtdna M whatsoever. There is no doubt these people are the closest to the proto Vedic Indo Aryans.

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Ironically Kalash do not marry first cousins but clearly have a founder effect. Nuristanis across the border are more or less the same as them but are far more numerous. Khana had a sample of one them he was like a Kalash. Kalash are not all that different genetically from upper caste NW South Asians , just less ASI shifted and more Steppe shifted . What makes them interesting is their men have typical South Asian Y dna ( R2, L, H) but Kalash women have no South Asian Mtdna M whatsoever. There is no doubt these people are the closest to the proto Vedic Indo Aryans.
    But wait, when Indo or proto indo aryans came to south asia, what was their genetic makeup? I was guessing they would have much more of the northern euro type component, much more then kalash. Kalash i think have mixed with south asians a lot in the last 200 to 300 years, this is why they have 20% south asian component in them

  6. #15
    Registered Users
    Posts
    950
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    M3a2

    India Canada Azad Baluchistan Sikh Empire India Punjab Nishan Sahib
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara101 View Post
    But wait, when Indo or proto indo aryans came to south asia, what was their genetic makeup? I was guessing they would have much more of the northern euro type component, much more then kalash. Kalash i think have mixed with south asians a lot in the last 200 to 300 years, this is why they have 20% south asian component in them
    That's what we used to believe before, but SA had multiple migrations from west and north on different periods. It's not just one population that made impact on genetic structure of SAs
    Deg Teg Fateh - Victory to Charity and Arms

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    That's what we used to believe before, but SA had multiple migrations from west and north on different periods. It's not just one population that made impact on genetic structure of SAs
    Yes, we know that through history, however indo aryans were one or few groups of people, what was their genetic makeup

  8. #17
    Registered Users
    Posts
    558
    Location
    Gonur Tepe

    Quote Originally Posted by Lara101 View Post
    But wait, when Indo or proto indo aryans came to south asia, what was their genetic makeup? I was guessing they would have much more of the northern euro type component, much more then kalash. Kalash i think have mixed with south asians a lot in the last 200 to 300 years, this is why they have 20% south asian component in them
    I said they are the closest to pre Vedic Aryans , which is logical as the Vedic Aryans settled in that region first. I think you are reading too much into that calculator. Kalash are derived from the same groups other South Asians are derived from, but they are just less ASI shifted and more Steppe shifted, they are typically 12-13% ASI, while most upper caste NW South Asians(Punjabis, Sindhis) are in the 18-25% ASI range. Kalash are one of the most Iran_N rich populations and part of that SA component is Iran_N. The ones who do mix with other ethnic groups are usually Kalash who convert and intermarry with local Kho or Nuristanis from Bargimatal.

    As for the first way of Indo Wave Aryans which came , my guess they would be Steppe shifted versions of Kalash or Pamiri Tajiks. But note they came in waves, so some might be different from others. But they definitely mixed with other groups before entering the region.

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pegasus For This Useful Post:

     bmoney (10-31-2017), khanabadoshi (10-31-2017), MonkeyDLuffy (09-10-2017), Sapporo (09-11-2017)

  10. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    I said they are the closest to pre Vedic Aryans , which is logical as the Vedic Aryans settled in that region first. I think you are reading too much into that calculator. Kalash are derived from the same groups other South Asians are derived from, but they are just less ASI shifted and more Steppe shifted, they are typically 12-13% ASI, while most upper caste NW South Asians(Punjabis, Sindhis) are in the 18-25% ASI range. Kalash are one of the most Iran_N rich populations and part of that SA component is Iran_N. The ones who do mix with other ethnic groups are usually Kalash who convert and intermarry with local Kho or Nuristanis from Bargimatal.

    As for the first way of Indo Wave Aryans which came , my guess they would be Steppe shifted versions of Kalash or Pamiri Tajiks. But note they came in waves, so some might be different from others. But they definitely mixed with other groups before entering the region.
    Im confused. Arent majority of nw south asians baloch/gedrosia component? That component is west asian middle eastern in origin. So how can south asians be derived from steepe? Only may be 20-25% of nw south asian ancestry is from steepe, rest being west asian and Asi. Majority of other south asians are much more ASI then anything else

  11. #19
    Registered Users
    Posts
    558
    Location
    Gonur Tepe

    Quote Originally Posted by Lara101 View Post
    Im confused. Arent majority of nw south asians baloch/gedrosia component? That component is west asian middle eastern in origin. So how can south asians be derived from steepe? Only may be 20-25% of nw south asian ancestry is from steepe, rest being west asian and Asi. Majority of other south asians are much more ASI then anything else
    You are still referring to Harappa. Yamnaya score 30% Baloch/Gerdosia on it btw. Looking at Iran_Hotu, he is very ANE rich and this area is more closer Central Asia. Middle Eastern is a modern construct, but yeah the ethnogenesis of these people occurs in the Iranian plateau or nearby regions of Central Asia. Also these people themselves are unique compared to Natufians and Anatolian Farmers , roughly 40-50% of their genome is coming from MA1 like peoples living in North Central/North Asia.
    Last edited by pegasus; 09-11-2017 at 04:02 AM.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to pegasus For This Useful Post:

     bmoney (10-31-2017)

  13. #20
    Did they test yamnaya skeletons to get 30% gerdosia? How did they get number

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-02-2017, 02:23 PM
  2. [Split] The Jatts & Their Genetic Origins
    By speedyran in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 172
    Last Post: 07-25-2015, 07:09 PM
  3. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-29-2014, 05:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •