Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Haryana jatts European?

  1. #21
    Registered Users
    Posts
    13

    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    You are still referring to Harappa. Yamnaya score 30% Baloch/Gerdosia on it btw. Looking at Iran_Hotu, he is very ANE rich and this area is more closer Central Asia. Middle Eastern is a modern construct, but yeah the ethnogenesis of these people occurs in the Iranian plateau or nearby regions of Central Asia. Also these people themselves are unique compared to Natufians and Anatolian Farmers , roughly 40-50% of their genome is coming from MA1 like peoples living in North Central/North Asia.
    so did they test their skeletons? if so, how many of these ancient people's dna has been tested? sorry I am not up to date on what is happening in the last few years. any where I can see the results? some spreadsheet or something. Thanks

  2. #22
    Registered Users
    Posts
    122

    Quote Originally Posted by Lara101 View Post
    so did they test their skeletons? if so, how many of these ancient people's dna has been tested? sorry I am not up to date on what is happening in the last few years. any where I can see the results? some spreadsheet or something. Thanks
    Harrappa calculator is outdated and uses moderns not very helpful anymore.

    Basal-rich K7 spreadsheet has ancients and moderns.

    Currently relevant ancient populations for South Asians are Iran_Neolithic (mix of ANE + Basal), Iran_Hotu (mix of ANE + Basal) and Yamnaya/Afanasievo ( mix of EHG + CHG). EHG is mix of (ANE + WHG) and CHG is mix of (ANE + Basal).

    South Asian admixture is mostly ANE+ Basal + ASI (unknown ghost-population related to Asians/Oceanians). ASI in K7 breaks down into East Eurasian, Southeast Asian and Oceanian in South Asians. We don't have ancient DNA from South Asia yet but things will be more clear once we do.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Observer For This Useful Post:

     pegasus (09-13-2017), Reza (09-12-2017)

  4. #23
    Registered Users
    Posts
    13

    Quote Originally Posted by Observer View Post
    Harrappa calculator is outdated and uses moderns not very helpful anymore.

    Basal-rich K7 spreadsheet has ancients and moderns.

    Currently relevant ancient populations for South Asians are Iran_Neolithic (mix of ANE + Basal), Iran_Hotu (mix of ANE + Basal) and Yamnaya/Afanasievo ( mix of EHG + CHG). EHG is mix of (ANE + WHG) and CHG is mix of (ANE + Basal).

    South Asian admixture is mostly ANE+ Basal + ASI (unknown ghost-population related to Asians/Oceanians). ASI in K7 breaks down into East Eurasian, Southeast Asian and Oceanian in South Asians. We don't have ancient DNA from South Asia yet but things will be more clear once we do.
    Thanks for the spreadsheet. Interesting. How can i see haryana jatts and their numbers? I only see gujraties as the only indians on spreadsheet. Are haryana jatts similar to pathans?

  5. #24
    Registered Users
    Posts
    13

    Quote Originally Posted by Observer View Post
    Harrappa calculator is outdated and uses moderns not very helpful anymore.

    Basal-rich K7 spreadsheet has ancients and moderns.

    Currently relevant ancient populations for South Asians are Iran_Neolithic (mix of ANE + Basal), Iran_Hotu (mix of ANE + Basal) and Yamnaya/Afanasievo ( mix of EHG + CHG). EHG is mix of (ANE + WHG) and CHG is mix of (ANE + Basal).

    South Asian admixture is mostly ANE+ Basal + ASI (unknown ghost-population related to Asians/Oceanians). ASI in K7 breaks down into East Eurasian, Southeast Asian and Oceanian in South Asians. We don't have ancient DNA from South Asia yet but things will be more clear once we do.
    Also. Although this is a good spreadsheet, i like the one with modern humans better, in terms of south asia. The reason for this is because majority of south asian admixture occured between 2000 and 4000 years ago, when many modern groups existed. This is why i want to findout who south asians mixed with within the last 4000 years. South asia has seen so many invasions over the last few thousand years

  6. #25
    Registered Users
    Posts
    122

    Quote Originally Posted by Lara101 View Post
    Thanks for the spreadsheet. Interesting. How can i see haryana jatts and their numbers? I only see gujraties as the only indians on spreadsheet.
    There are various South Asian samples there from Chamars, Brahmins, Gujarati, Velamas, Pashtun, Bengali, Baloch, Kalash to tribes like Chenchu, Gond, Panya to give an idea of admixture in entire South Asia region, who are various levels of mostly ANE+Basal+ASI admixed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lara101 View Post
    The reason for this is because majority of south asian admixture occured between 2000 and 4000 years ago, when many modern groups existed. This is why i want to findout who south asians mixed with within the last 4000 years. South asia has seen so many invasions over the last few thousand years
    No, Modern populations had not fully formed yet during this period (4000 yrs ago), similar changes were taking place in Europe and West Asia around same time. Yamnaya-related group were settling in Europe and Iran_Neolithic group were being replaced by Iran_ Chalcolithic group in Iranian plateau.

    Scythians (2000 yrs ago) who invaded South Asia were similar to Yamnaya-related groups or similar to Eastern Scythian groups who were mixture of Yamnaya-related group + East Eurasian.

    All these ancient groups are now extinct and only exist as admixture in modern populations across Eurasia, that's why moderns are not best way to determine where source admixture comes from. Ancient DNA is helpful in determining source of these admixture.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lara101 View Post
    Are haryana jatts similar to pathans?
    You have better luck asking that here, there are some Jatt users on this forum.

    http://www.anthrogenica.com/forumdisplay.php?164-Hindi
    Last edited by Observer; 09-17-2017 at 02:11 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-02-2017, 01:23 PM
  2. [Split] The Jatts & Their Genetic Origins
    By speedyran in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 172
    Last Post: 07-25-2015, 06:09 PM
  3. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-29-2014, 04:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •