Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Haryana jatts European?

Registered Users

Haryana jatts European?

Few years ago I remember haryana jatts showed very high northern euro component at 20%, the most in South Asia. How come they were not tested further? And how come no interest was taken to learn about their history and where they came from? 20% Northern Euro is very high for a indian group, it is a mystery

Registered Users

Any replies.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1
    mtDNA
    J2b1a

Canada
    There is a similar topic here if you are interested in reading it: Indian friend with European segments.

The user Pegasus (commenting on the topic in the link) gave a good explaintion for this "North Euro" results:
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    The "North Euro" component in S/SC Asians is not really from Northern Europe its from Pontic Steppe in Southern Ukraine of Yamnaya people. Who themselves were largely a mix between a West Asian population (CHG) closely related to Neolithic Iranians and the other half from EHGs who mainly derive their genome from North Asiatic Siberians like MA1 and AG3

Northern European like Baltic countries and even Scots have a lot of that Yamnaya like ancestry and in modern calculators its assigned as North Euro, British, etc.

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetNono View Post
    There is a similar topic here if you are interested in reading it: Indian friend with European segments.

The user Pegasus (commenting on the topic in the link) gave a good explaintion for this "North Euro" results:
    pegasus may be right, but we can't be sure as yet.
    IMO this North Euro is R1a1-M417 related. Therefore I am inclined to believe that the Pontic steppe was not involved in the initial dispersal of this component. It was the forest-steppe zone from where I think a spur went SW to central Europe (Corded Ware CTS4385 Z283) and a spur went SE to South Asia (Z93). This is the same as the Arctic component we see in northern Europeans.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to parasar For This Useful Post:

Grossvater (09-10-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    M3a2

India Canada Azad Baluchistan Sikh Empire India Punjab Nishan Sahib
    Heck the same NE euro shows in Native americans. On ANE K7 it turns into high WHG and ANE, but less ENF. Keep in mind Jatts are less likely to marry outside in comparison to other communities, hence they preserved more euro, but 14-15% euro has shows up in other groups as well. 13% for myself. How I know that it's the same euro? those samples were all R1a1a and 2 of those samples matched with me on Gedmatch.
    Deg Teg Fateh - Victory to Charity and Arms

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonkeyDLuffy For This Useful Post:

Grossvater (09-10-2017), parasar (09-10-2017)

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by parasar View Post
    pegasus may be right, but we can't be sure as yet.
    IMO this North Euro is R1a1-M417 related. Therefore I am inclined to believe that the Pontic steppe was not involved in the initial dispersal of this component. It was the forest-steppe zone from where I think a spur went SW to central Europe (Corded Ware CTS4385 Z283) and a spur went SE to South Asia (Z93). This is the same as the Arctic component we see in northern Europeans.
    He is not talking about uniparental markers , you can have different uniparental markers and be genetically the same. Yes , Forrest Steppe plays a huge role in the formation of Balto Slavs and Proto Indo Iranians, that looks like Middle Dneiper/Balanovo cultures but those are still rooted in Yamnaya. Conversely Northern Europeans scoring the "Baloch" component was not because they had mixed with Pakistanis but because Yamnaya related peoples brought it. Likewise with S/SC Asians its the same thing, the component was brought by Indo Iranian nomads. Yeah they are some unresolved things but with wrt to Harappa dna , what I said is right because what other population would mainly bring that NE component to South Asia but that test is from 2012-13 so things have become more complicated since then.

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    He is not talking about uniparental markers , you can have different uniparental markers and be genetically the same. Yes , Forrest Steppe plays a huge role in the formation of Balto Slavs and Proto Indo Iranians, that looks like Middle Dneiper/Balanovo cultures but those are still rooted in Yamnaya. Conversely Northern Europeans scoring the "Baloch" component was not because they had mixed with Pakistanis but because Yamnaya related peoples brought it. Likewise with S/SC Asians its the same thing, the component was brought by Indo Iranian nomads. Yeah they are some unresolved things but with wrt to Harappa dna , what I said is right because what other population would mainly bring that NE component to South Asia but that test is from 2012-13 so things have become more complicated since then.
    I said NE Euro is R1a1-M417 related.
    This relationship is not causal but correlational. When 50-80% of a populations line is of a certain Y type that correlation is strong, if it is 10% or so, not so much.

Forrest-steppe is related to but not rooted in Yamna.

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    Heck the same NE euro shows in Native americans. On ANE K7 it turns into high WHG and ANE, but less ENF. Keep in mind Jatts are less likely to marry outside in comparison to other communities, hence they preserved more euro, but 14-15% euro has shows up in other groups as well. 13% for myself. How I know that it's the same euro? those samples were all R1a1a and 2 of those samples matched with me on Gedmatch.
    Yes that NE Euro in Amerindians is ultimately of the same origin. It is more diffuse as the Amerindians separated earlier. The reason I brought in the term Arctic is that it may have entered Europe first from the Arctic zone.

But components derived from modern populations are virtually useless if you are looking to find ancestral components. It is likely just shared ancestry. The so called NE European or even Arctic component is also perhaps only shared ancestry.
    Right now for South Asians we are forced to use just modern populations - once we have ancient DNA data from the region we will be on better grounds to figure as to what is ancestral and what is shared.

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    Are you jatt? Yes the 14 15% is found in UP and Nepali brahmins. But is the same source as jatts. Also what is surprising is kalash have lower of this then these north indic groups

Registered Users

On a side note. I know this nepali brahmin. He looks very caucasian. I want him to get tested too

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast