Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Female exogamy & gene pool diversification at the transition from the Final Neolithic

Sex
    Ethnicity
    northwesterner
    Y-DNA
    U152>L2>Z367
    mtDNA
    H5a1

Normandie Netherlands Friesland Finland
    he acts in a discret way here
    ... discretion is recommended to anyone who acts behind enemy lines. But his first posts are not precisely what I would call "discretion".
    En North alom, de North venom
    En North fum naiz, en North manom

(Roman de Rou, Wace, 1160-1170)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anglesqueville For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (09-10-2017), Hando (Today), paoloferrari (09-11-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Snow View Post
    Considering R1a-M417(Satem) and R1b-M269(Centum) diversified in the exact same region and time, that of Shulaveri-Shomu culture, I don't know how it's surprising to anyone that it's the PIE homeland.
    According to Underhill et al. (2014/2015), R1a1a1, the most frequent subclade of R1a, split into R-Z282 (Europe) and R-Z93 (Asia) at circa 5,800 before present, in the vicinity of Iran and Eastern Turkey.
    According to Hovhannisyan et al, 2014 all the variance of R1b-M269 is heavily concentrated in the exact same region of the Armenian Highlands/Eastern Anatolia.
    J2 is also an Indoeuropean marker present in all Indoeuropean countries, obviously also present in that region.
    It's obvious now that R1a is a marker of North Eurasian foragers and not native to Iran and Eastern Turkey. Papers on R1a based on modern DNA were wrong.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Generalissimo For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (09-10-2017), anglesqueville (09-11-2017), Hando (Today), Jean M (09-11-2017), Michał (09-11-2017), Pribislav (09-11-2017), rms2 (09-13-2017)

Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo View Post
    It's obvious now that R1a is a marker of North Eurasian foragers and not native to Iran and Eastern Turkey. Papers on R1a based on modern DNA were wrong.
    Argument from ignorance as Shulaveri-Shomu is unsampled.
    What is obvious when you look at Iran neolithic then Iran calcolithic then Iran iron age is that it forms a straight line towards Anatolia in the exact same region where analysis of R1a-M417 and R1b-M269 indicate they were at that time, and the whole process of Indoeuropeanization of Iran had nothing to do with the Steppes.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA
    T1a2b1a1a2b
    mtDNA
    H95a -Ostrogoth

Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Italy Sweden Finns
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo View Post
    There is no argument for what you state, but no one that I recall can say where R1 was formed and/or where did R1a and R1b split , was it in the same area.

The only thing we know about R origin is what Karafet stated in her paper/s a few years ago ............basically we have a missing origin for R1 and R2

Father's Mothers Ydna ......R-S22778 ........Merlengo Veneto
    Father's Mtdna .....T2b35.......1735 Porcellengo Veneto Italy
    Wife's Ydna ..........R-DF99
    Sons Mtdna .....K1a4 ...........1710 Carnic Alps

My Path = ( K-M9+, TL-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS54+, CTS8862+, Z19945+, A339+ )

The main negatives = ( M193-, P322-, P327-, Pages11- , L25- , CTS1848- )

7. The Following User Says Thank You to vettor For This Useful Post:

Hando (Today)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    northwesterner
    Y-DNA
    U152>L2>Z367
    mtDNA
    H5a1

For info: it seems that Mr Snow here and Olympus Mons are actually two different persons. I was wrong on this point, and there are two worshippers of Shulaveri-Shomu. Hopefully it's not contagious.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to anglesqueville For This Useful Post:

Hando (Today)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Nationality
    N/A
    Y-DNA
    I2a1-L621- PH 908
    mtDNA
    H 47

Shuvaleri is an interesting phenomenon, to be fair. It might be the source of CHG in steppe EBA..
    But it doesn't mean they magically migrated to Iberia

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gravetto-Danubian For This Useful Post:

Hando (Today)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    northwesterner
    Y-DNA
    U152>L2>Z367
    mtDNA
    H5a1

It might be the source of CHG in steppe EBA
    Yes, it might be. That said I find it hard to imagine how Khvalynsk could have inherited their 20% CHG from that source, but, yes... I agree that it's not an argument. Anyway, with such a conjecture we are very far from OM's theories ( mix of Salvator Dali and Monty Python), and from ... that: "Can anyone explain why we have aDNA from hundreds of completely irrelevant bronze age and neolithic populations who never accomplished anything ..." ( http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthre...l=1#post254187 )
    edit: that said and while I'm at it I agree with post #62, and more generally I will always fiercely support the idea that the truth of R1a and R1b is in Siberia, and nowhere else. Viel Feind viel Ehr!
    Last edited by anglesqueville; 09-16-2017 at 07:46 AM.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anglesqueville For This Useful Post:

Camulogène Rix (09-17-2017), Hando (Today), jdean (09-18-2017), rms2 (09-16-2017)

Banned
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by anglesqueville View Post
    For info: it seems that Mr Snow here and Olympus Mons are actually two different persons. I was wrong on this point, and there are two worshippers of Shulaveri-Shomu. Hopefully it's not contagious.
    batman&robin or Don Quixote&Sancho Panza againist steppe theory???I hope they forgive my idiotic humor and that new ancient DNA from caucasus will come out !!!after all,we could be wrong, men have always believed for millennia that it was the sun to turn around the earth!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paoloferrari For This Useful Post:

anglesqueville (09-17-2017), Hando (Today)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    northwesterner
    Y-DNA
    U152>L2>Z367
    mtDNA
    H5a1

Quote Originally Posted by paoloferrari View Post
    batman&robin or Don Quixote&Sancho Panza againist steppe theory???I hope they forgive my idiotic humor and that new ancient DNA from caucasus will come out !!!after all,we could be wrong, men have always believed for millennia that it was the sun to turn around the earth!
    About Mr.Snow I must be fair, we don't know with all details what are his thoughts: a few posts and some rude claims, that's all. About Olympus Mons, he has published an extensive presentation of his theory. First line : "Why the Shulaveri-Shomu were the R1b forefathers. ". Haha! From the first line to the last one, it would be punishable under the article 3.14 of our ToS: "3.14 Pseudoscientific material that is presented as scientific will be deleted immediately and without notice by the administration. Furthermore, it is the poster's duty to preemptively determine whether their imminent posts contain masked pseudoscience." I don't want to post a link to this text, search with Google and the words "shulaveri-shomu" and "olympus mons". If this guy is right, I hang myself.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anglesqueville For This Useful Post:

paoloferrari (09-17-2017), rms2 (09-17-2017)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Nationality
    N/A
    Y-DNA
    I2a1-L621- PH 908
    mtDNA
    H 47

Quote Originally Posted by anglesqueville View Post
    Yes, it might be. That said I find it hard to imagine how Khvalynsk could have inherited their 20% CHG from that source, but, yes... I agree that it's not an argument.
    Probably indirect source, via a couple of intermediary locations

mix of Salvator Dali and Monty Python
    I'd pay to see that!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Gravetto-Danubian For This Useful Post:

Hando (Today)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast