Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 65 of 65

Thread: My Gene Plaza Ancestry Results

  1. #61
    Registered Users
    Posts
    949
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    M3a2

    India Canada Azad Baluchistan Sikh Empire India Punjab Nishan Sahib
    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropy View Post
    Kinda found the answer to this. After looking at images, I'm a textbook definition of the gracil Mediterranean phenotype, like a Southern Euro or NE African, but a bit 'Indianized'. Pretty eye opening at first. Also noticed that I have the same cranial shape of some people of NW European (Irish in particular) and German descent that I know in real life (that's actually what struck me to research). Seeing that I have like some M.E./N. Africa (4.3%), then E. Africa (0.9%), then NW Euro (0.8%) in 23andme, it must be some common Mediterranean ancestry there in play? Not to mention many of those same Europeans also have my same or similar paternal haplogroup (E1b1b1a1). Mostly speculation here, though. But I have a hunch that ancient genetics plays a much larger role than I previously thought in cranial shape.
    I won’t take phenotype seriously tbh. It’s pseudo science. I was classified bengali or some kind of half asian. My results speak otherwise, typical for a Punjabi or Kashmiri brahmin.
    Deg Teg Fateh - Victory to Charity and Arms

  2. #62
    Gold Member Class
    Posts
    853
    Sex
    Location
    event horizon
    Ethnicity
    Ibex retter; Der Nomad
    Nationality
    Kochyan
    Y-DNA
    R1a......(Dad)
    mtDNA
    U2b2

    Afghanistan United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    I wont take phenotype seriously tbh. Its pseudo science. I was classified bengali or some kind of half asian. My results speak otherwise, typical for a Punjabi or Kashmiri brahmin.
    Well, generally irl people don't care about genetics. I don't think people care about a significant other's genetic makeup over their personality and physical appearance, but well there are those who will care ofc hence the caste system, that's an example if you will.
    Do not get upset with people or situations ~ both are powerless without your reaction.

  3. #63
    Registered Users
    Posts
    58
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    O

    India Pakistan United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    I won’t take phenotype seriously tbh. It’s pseudo science. I was classified bengali or some kind of half asian. My results speak otherwise, typical for a Punjabi or Kashmiri brahmin.
    Really? my eyes look a bit East Asian (to the extent that people at school used to comment on my eyes looking Chinese) and I feel that this is reflected in my East Asian admixture in my autosomal DNA.

  4. #64
    Registered Users
    Posts
    949
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    M3a2

    India Canada Azad Baluchistan Sikh Empire India Punjab Nishan Sahib
    Quote Originally Posted by deuterium_1 View Post
    Really? my eyes look a bit East Asian (to the extent that people at school used to comment on my eyes looking Chinese) and I feel that this is reflected in my East Asian admixture in my autosomal DNA.
    Haryana jats have highest euro among SAs but yet they look uber Indian, sometimes really dark and broad features. While Kashmiris are stereotypically seen very light and west asian looking but they score similar to me but higher east asian. They don’t have small eyes. You have to realize the adaption is taking place with every generation as well.
    Deg Teg Fateh - Victory to Charity and Arms

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonkeyDLuffy For This Useful Post:

     deuterium_1 (10-12-2017), jortita (10-12-2017), parasar (10-14-2017)

  6. #65
    Registered Users
    Posts
    58
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    O

    India Pakistan United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    Haryana jats have highest euro among SAs but yet they look uber Indian, sometimes really dark and broad features. While Kashmiris are stereotypically seen very light and west asian looking but they score similar to me but higher east asian. They don’t have small eyes. You have to realize the adaption is taking place with every generation as well.
    The high European admixture among Haryana Jats could be linked with the Kurus? they were a Vedic tribal union who were descended from early Indo-Aryan migrants. They did exist as a kingdom since they minted coins.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-11-2017, 07:21 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2017, 01:42 PM
  3. Gene plaza neuroticsm app
    By firemonkey in forum Other
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2017, 12:36 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-08-2016, 05:00 PM
  5. Wegenes Sports gene synthesis results
    By kenji.aryan in forum Medical Genetics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2016, 02:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •