Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inviting All Y Haplogropu H to Participate

Registered Users
    Sex

Inviting All Y Haplogropu H to Participate

Dear forum members,

I am starting this thread to invite all genealogical keeners ( specially people with Y haplogroup H) to participate and share their thoughts about origin/current geographic coverage and sub clad discussion :

I am an H and this is my terminal SNP:

Coverage as percentage of population for the countries below is as under :

Also I am curious if H is the Harappa /Mohenjo-Daro ancient Haplogroup and we are the decendants of them!

Open to comments and feedback !

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gandhara For This Useful Post:

bol_nat (06-02-2017), Kulin (06-02-2017), mattassis (07-12-2017), palamede (06-02-2017), Zayd (08-17-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Y-DNA
    H-M52
    mtDNA
    M5a

My downstream of H is more then likely same as you,H-Z14258.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bol_nat For This Useful Post:

Gandhara (06-02-2017), Zayd (08-17-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by bol_nat View Post
    My downstream of H is more then likely same as you,H-Z14258.
    Haplogroup H is one of the most rare haplogroups and with the most shallow sub clade tree. Surprisingly enough, only 26 % of current day indian population has it and only 6 percent in Pakistan! or it could be that these regions are still under sampled.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Y-DNA
    H-M52
    mtDNA
    M5a

Quote Originally Posted by Gandhara View Post
    Haplogroup H is one of the most rare haplogroups and with the most shallow sub clade tree. Surprisingly enough, only 26 % of current day indian population has it and only 6 percent in Pakistan! or it could be that these regions are still under sampled.
    results of over 1200 samples. R1a take major chunk and then for rest of dozen or so haplogrups only about half of samples are left to divide between them. H isn't rare compared to other haplogroups not named r1a.
    Last edited by bol_nat; 06-02-2017 at 03:06 AM.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bol_nat For This Useful Post:

Gandhara (06-02-2017), Inigo Montoya (07-13-2017), palamede (06-02-2017), Zayd (08-17-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Z93
    mtDNA
    H28

Dear forum members,

I am starting this thread to invite all genealogical keeners ( specially people with Y haplogroup H) to participate and share their thoughts about origin/current geographic coverage and sub clad discussion :

I am an H and this is my terminal SNP:

Coverage as percentage of population for the countries below is as under :

Also I am curious if H is the Harappa /Mohenjo-Daro ancient Haplogroup and we are the decendants of them!

Open to comments and feedback !
    H is a very old haplogroup. It was found in Neolithic Europe and Anatolia among EEFs but in South Asia it has different origins. I would associate it with Iran-Neo admixture but without ancient dna from South Asia we don't know.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Coldmountains For This Useful Post:

bol_nat (06-03-2017), Gandhara (06-02-2017), Zayd (08-17-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex

I note that that dendrogram has your H-Z14258 lineage positioned as a subclade of H-M52, whereas the current version of the YFull tree (v5.04) has H-Z14258 as a subclade of H-Z5867 directly under H-M69 and outside the H-M52 clade. It appears that there is still a great deal of uncertainty regarding the phylogenetic structure of Y-DNA haplogroup H.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ebizur For This Useful Post:

bol_nat (06-03-2017), Gandhara (06-02-2017), ssamlal (10-03-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Coldmountains View Post
    H is a very old haplogroup. It was found in Neolithic Europe and Anatolia among EEFs but in South Asia it has different origins. I would associate it with Iran-Neo admixture but without ancient dna from South Asia we don't know.
    True and is said to be 50,000 yrs and originated in India and interestingly enough the coverage is more in Romani people than Indian people themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebizur View Post
    I note that that dendrogram has your H-Z14258 lineage positioned as a subclade of H-M52, whereas the current version of the YFull tree (v5.04) has H-Z14258 as a subclade of H-Z5867 directly under H-M69 and outside the H-M52 clade. It appears that there is still a great deal of uncertainty regarding the phylogenetic structure of Y-DNA haplogroup H.
    The H Tree is constantly changing , with snps moved from here n there, a lot of uncertainty as I mentioned that it is one of the rare male lineages and with not a robust phylogenetic structure at the moment.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gandhara For This Useful Post:

ssamlal (10-02-2017), Zayd (08-17-2017)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    English/Anglo-Indian
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    H-M69 (xM52)
    mtDNA
    H5a9

United Kingdom India
    Hi guys,

Great to a see a new thread on our haplogroup. I'm H-M69 (but negative for M52). My father's family is Anglo-Indian from South India (Karnataka and Kerala). I have an English surname (Austin) from a distant British ancestor - or so we thought - who had children with an Indian wife or mistress (the typical Anglo-Indian story). But given that I'm H-M69, I'm guessing that either an Indian ancestor changed his name - perhaps in order to appear Anglo-Indian (for whatever reason) - or there was an NPE somewhere along the line. Or are other theories more likely?
    Last edited by mattassis; 07-12-2017 at 06:45 PM.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mattassis For This Useful Post:

Gandhara (07-13-2017), Inigo Montoya (07-13-2017), parasar (08-17-2017), Reza (09-11-2017), Zayd (08-17-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by mattassis View Post
    Hi guys,

Great to a see a new thread on our haplogroup. I'm H-M69 (but negative for M52). My father's family is Anglo-Indian from South India (Karnataka and Kerala). I have an English surname (Austin) from a distant British ancestor - or so we thought - who had children with an Indian wife or mistress (the typical Anglo-Indian story). But given that I'm H-M69, I'm guessing that either an Indian ancestor changed his name - perhaps in order to appear Anglo-Indian (for whatever reason) - or there was an NPE somewhere along the line. Or are other theories more likely?
    which DNA company did you have your test with?

Sex
    Ethnicity
    English/Anglo-Indian
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    H-M69 (xM52)
    mtDNA
    H5a9

United Kingdom India
    which DNA company did you have your test with?
    I had autosomal testing done with Ancestry and FTDNA, then my mt and Y-DNA tests done at FTDNA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast