Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Title: The population genomics of archaeological transition in west Iberia

Registered Users
    Nationality
    Brazilian

Brazil
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmandoR1b View Post
    I don't know. I've never had the patience to install Linux, and try to learn how to convert the files. The files aren't yet available even though the accession number was included in the paper. Rocca knows how.
    It would be very interesting seeing their Gedmatch results. I wish someone who has the know how would upload them as soon as the files are made available.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Piquerobi For This Useful Post:

fished (05-11-2017), Underworld (05-10-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Piquerobi View Post
    It would be very interesting seeing their Gedmatch results. I wish someone who has the know how would upload them as soon as the files are made available.
    I agree.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ArmandoR1b For This Useful Post:

Piquerobi (05-10-2017)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Rio de Janeiro Colonial
    Nationality
    Brazilian
    Y-DNA
    J1a1 FGC6064+ M365+
    mtDNA
    H1ao1

Brazil
    The biggest surprise here: "Portuguese BA individuals show no signal of this component" - teal Caucasus CHg, so probably a different R1b1a2a1a2 wave arrived there.
    J1 FGC5987 to FGC6175 (188 new SNPs)
    MDKAs before Colonial Brazil
    Y-DNA - Milhazes, Barcelos, Minho, Portugal.
    mtDNA - Ilha Terceira, Azores, Portugal

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RCO For This Useful Post:

Jessie (05-11-2017), Underworld (05-10-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by jeanL View Post
    Seems like the Portuguese Bronze Age individuals lacked the CHG/Teal component.
    Quote Originally Posted by RCO View Post
    The biggest surprise here: "Portuguese BA individuals show no signal of this component" - teal Caucasus CHg, so probably a different R1b1a2a1a2 wave arrived there.
    I hope there are a lot more ancient samples, in and out of Iberia, that will be successfully tested so we can find out what the cause of the conundrum of low or no CHG and high R1b-P312 in some Iberian populations is.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    2.5% Neandertal 97.5%Frog
    Nationality
    English
    Y-DNA
    R-L21 FGC5494 A1308
    mtDNA
    K2a

Quote Originally Posted by RCO View Post
    Am I missing something here or is this possibly mega important.

R1b-P312 with no CHG?

This suggests parent L11 has no CHG and is not Yamnaya / Corded descended therefore central European Beaker ancestry is not Yamnaya or Corded origin but admixed.

Need to check the dates of these samples and generations of admixture...but could CHG have totally disappeared?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    European
    Nationality
    Irish
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21-DF21-S5456
    mtDNA
    H1C1

Ireland European Union
    I would also like to understand the absense of CHG.

"A recurring feature of ADMIXTURE analyses of ancient northern Europeans is the
    appearance and subsequent dissemination within the Bronze Age of a component (teal)
    that is earliest identified in our dataset in HGs from the Caucasus (CHG). Unlike
    contemporaries elsewhere (but similarly to earlier Hungarian BA), Portuguese BA
    individuals show no signal of this component, although a slight but discernible increase
    in European HG ancestry (red component) is apparent....
    Interestingly, the CHG component in
    ADMIXTURE is present in modern-day Spaniards and to a lesser extent in the Basque
    population....

I could not find the Supplementary Materials.
    I have created a board on Pinterest to post updates.

https://www.pinterest.com/gerardcorc...9534&eq=iberia
    Gerard Corcoran
    R1b-DF21-S5456-S6166, H1C1

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Heber For This Useful Post:

Net Down G5L (05-10-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex

If these Portuguese BA samples have "steppe" ancestry but lack CHG ancestry, what does that even mean? Do they mean Portuguese BA samples show EHG-like ancestry that previous samples lacked? Very confusing.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Nationality
    N/A
    Y-DNA
    I2a1-L621- PH 908
    mtDNA
    H 47

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    If these Portuguese BA samples have "steppe" ancestry but lack CHG ancestry, what does that even mean? Do they mean Portuguese BA samples show EHG-like ancestry that previous samples lacked? Very confusing.
    Just "washed away" by the time they arrived ?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gravetto-Danubian For This Useful Post:

rms2 (05-11-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Gravetto-Danubian View Post
    Just "washed away" by the time they arrived ?
    That's the logical conclusion, and something that I had thought of, but only more samples can possibly answer that question.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ArmandoR1b For This Useful Post:

Helen (05-14-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    European
    Nationality
    Irish
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21-DF21-S5456
    mtDNA
    H1C1

Ireland European Union
    The Portuguese MN and LN formed clades with each other to the exclusion of all other groups tested, suggesting
    some level of regional continuity across the Middle to Late Neolithic of Portugal....
    Our analyses yield both signals of continuity and change between Portuguese Neolithic
    and Bronze Age samples. ADMIXTURE analysis showing similar ancestral components,
    and higher order branching in fineSTRUCTURE clustering suggest a level of continuity
    within the region. Also, both show a degree of local European HG admixture (relative to
    central European HG influence) that is not observed within other samples in the data
    set. However, final fineSTRUCTURE clustering and the PCA plot places the Portuguese
    BA as a separate group which is intermediate between Atlantic Neolithic samples and
    the Central European Bronze Age individuals....
    A large cluster of individuals from Atlantic Europe, spanning the
    Middle Neolithic to Copper Age, is also seen, including all Portuguese MN and LNCA
    samples....
    However, the Portuguese Bronze Age
    individuals formed a distinct cluster. This was seen to branch at a higher level with the
    Atlantic_Neolithic rather than CopperAge_to_AngloSaxon, and in the PCA plot placed
    between the two.....
    The Portuguese Bronze Age samples (D, labelled in red)
    formed a distinct population (Portuguese_BronzeAge), while the Middle and Late
    Neolithic samples from Portugal clustered with Spanish, Irish and Scandinavian
    Neolithic farmers, which are termed “Atlantic_Neolithic” (C, in green)......
    However, final fineSTRUCTURE clustering and the PCA plot places the Portuguese
    BA as a separate group which is intermediate between Atlantic Neolithic samples and
    the Central European Bronze Age individuals.....

It is clear the the Portugese Bronze Age formed a distinct cluster close to Atlantic Neolithic.
    Gerard Corcoran
    R1b-DF21-S5456-S6166, H1C1

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Heber For This Useful Post:

Rafe (05-28-2017)

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast