Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Genes Connected with Hair going darker with age? Facial hair versus [head] hair?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA
    T1a2b- Z19945
    mtDNA
    H95a- Ostrogoth

Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Italy Sweden Finns
    https://www.livescience.com/34827-to...-brunette.html

Blond hair can have almost any proportion of pheomelanin and eumelanin, but has only small amounts of both. More pheomelanin creates a more golden or strawberry blond color, and more eumelanin creates an ash or sandy blond color. Many children born with blond hair develop darker hair as they age, with the majority of natural blonds developing a hair color of a dark blond hue by the time they reach middle age. Pregnancy hormones hasten this process. Natural light blond hair is rare in adulthood, with claims of the world's population ranging from 2% naturally blond[3][self-published source] to 16 percent in the US.[4] Blond hair is most commonly found in Northern and Western Europeans and their descendants but can be found spread around most of Europe. Studies in 2012 showed that naturally blond hair of Melanesians is caused by a recessive mutation in tyrosinase-related protein 1 (TYRP1).

I was born golden blond and became brown haired by my early teens, same as first son.........other son was born black and stayed black ................both have blue eyes, so eye colour is not relevant is this matter

Father's Mothers Ydna ......R-S22778 ........Merlengo Veneto
    Father's Mtdna .....T2b17.......1735 Porcellengo Veneto Italy
    Wife's Ydna ..........R-DF99
    Sons Mtdna .....K1a4 ...........1710 Carnic Alps

My Path = ( K-M9+, TL-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS54+, CTS8862+, Z19945+, A339+ )

The main negatives = ( M193-, P322-, P327-, Pages11- , L25- , CTS1848- )

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Y-DNA
    L21
    mtDNA
    H

One thing I have noticed is really platinum pale blond is very common a lot of pre-school kids but just doesn't last and can really rapidly go to mousey then mid brown in early school years. I see that in many kids and I was no exception. It reminds me of the comment that Gauls are born with white hair which then slowly becomes more like that of their parents (Presumably usually brown or a more dirty fair). I even sometimes see longer haired toddlers whose hair turns from platinum blond to brown so fast that they have two very contrasting layers in their hair for a year or so! That must be some sort of gentic epigentic switch being flicked on. It's rare here (Ireland) to see v young children 0-3 with hair darker than a light mousy brown. I would say a clear majority are pale white blond. From my esperience that baby and toddler white blond never lasts much beyond 6 and by 8 or 9 can have turned dark. It's the yellow blond shades that seem to last longer although they also seem to fade in early adolescence.

Another thing I have noticed is people with very dark hair often go salt and pepper then very white (prematurely) while people with red, blond or lighter brown just seem to fade in shade slowly.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Y-DNA
    L21
    mtDNA
    H

My hair went a typical path of v blond toddler to dirty fair 5-6, mousey around 7-9, mid brown 10-15, dark brown about 16-21 but then around 21-22 it reversed back to a lighter mid brown and stayed that way. I am a late greyer though and have only got a significant number in the last year (late 40s) while most of my contemporaries have gone grey 10
    Years earlier. I got that from my mum - my dad went grey rapidly in his late 30s!

Banned
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    I2-L621
    mtDNA
    U2

Poland Ukraine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12