Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
Results 401 to 405 of 405

Thread: Origins of Germanic

  1. #401
    Registered Users
    Posts
    353
    Sex
    Location
    Michigan
    Ethnicity
    Aragon, Spain
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27+S11121+
    mtDNA
    HV0+T195C!

    United States of America Catalonia Spain
    I appreciate your input and comments, I have learned quite a lot from them over the years, I think you are an open minded person that looks at new evidence as it is presented. I do not dedicate as much time to this hobby as you and not in as much depth. some areas like the pre history of Iberia interest me so when I come across a comment by you for that particular subject that I disagree with or find incomplete I like to pointed out.

    You call it a complaint, originally it was an observation, when you treated like it was out of place being a Germanic thread you made it an issue and in the end made it look like you were right from the beginning, so be it, you can have it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean M View Post
    Isidro - Your initial complaint was



    I responded to assure you that I agree entirely that the linguistic history of the Iberian peninsula deserves more attention than it can be given on a forum thread about Germanic. And in proof of my agreement, it was given more attention by me elsewhere. That does not mean that I am right in any specific conclusion about it. As I pointed out in my reply, I actually changed my mind about it in between my first book covering European prehistory and my second. For all I know, evidence may come along that shifts the perspective yet again. That's how we progress.
    Last edited by Isidro; Yesterday at 12:23 PM.

  2. #402
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    7,179
    Sex
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Nationality
    British
    mtDNA
    H

    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Isidro View Post
    I still think a title of a book called The Blood of the Celts in the current DNA age reminisces old rancid racism ...
    But you must admit that the title is a bit more punchy than "Genetic Genealogy of the Celts". This forum is all about tracing relationships through DNA, and that is what I did in the book. Relationships, kinship, evidence of migration - none of that implies racism necessarily. We generally manage perfectly well to discuss these things on this forum without descending into racism. In fact the forum bans racism, thank goodness. I wouldn't be here otherwise.
    Last edited by Jean M; Yesterday at 12:24 PM.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jean M For This Useful Post:

     JMcB (Yesterday)

  4. #403
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    7,179
    Sex
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Nationality
    British
    mtDNA
    H

    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Isidro View Post
    your reaction comes across as that you are an expert on the subject, well you have the right to say so but it doesn't make it so.
    But I'm not saying it, Isidro. I am not a linguist and I therefore follow linguists or place-name specialists on linguistic topics. You know, I'm starting to get the feeling that it would have been quicker to invite you to a separate thread where you could talk about the ancient languages of Iberia.

    I was perhaps a little impatient because I am very busy at the moment with my new focus on Germanic.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jean M For This Useful Post:

     Isidro (Yesterday), JMcB (Yesterday)

  6. #404
    Registered Users
    Posts
    353
    Sex
    Location
    Michigan
    Ethnicity
    Aragon, Spain
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27+S11121+
    mtDNA
    HV0+T195C!

    United States of America Catalonia Spain
    Well I am not here to win arguments of any kind, due to my own limited time I can spend in here would be glad to just say I enjoy exchange of information first and ideas second. No need to have a personal thread about Iberia with me, I am sure you got your hands full with your main pursuits.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean M View Post
    But I'm not saying it, Isidro. I am not a linguist and I therefore follow linguists or place-name specialists on linguistic topics. You know, I'm starting to get the feeling that it would have been quicker to invite you to a separate thread where you could talk about the ancient languages of Iberia.

    I was perhaps a little impatient because I am very busy at the moment with my new focus on Germanic.

  7. #405
    Registered Users
    Posts
    153
    Sex
    Location
    Netherlands
    Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Nationality
    Spanish
    Y-DNA
    R-Y22891

    Spain Andalucia Spanish Empire (1506-1701)
    Quote Originally Posted by Isidro View Post
    Well I am not here to win arguments of any kind, due to my own limited time I can spend in here would be glad to just say I enjoy exchange of information first and ideas second. No need to have a personal thread about Iberia with me, I am sure you got your hands full with your main pursuits.
    I requested a specific subforum for Spanish topics.

    http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthre...panic-subforum

    I didn't promote it in other threads but as I see more people with spanish flags in their profiles, perhaps it is time to do it.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shadogowah For This Useful Post:

     Jean M (Yesterday), JMcB (Yesterday), Vicmalaga (Today)

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-25-2017, 03:52 PM
  2. Germanic/Finnic loanwords
    By anglesqueville in forum Linguistics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2017, 04:06 PM
  3. Map of Germanic Y-DNA in Italy by Passa
    By Morges in forum Other
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 09-03-2016, 12:51 PM
  4. The Cimbri - Celtic or Germanic?
    By falconson1 in forum Celtic
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 09-02-2016, 10:57 AM
  5. Germanic Admixture in Deutschland
    By Caratacus in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 03-05-2016, 09:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •