PDA

View Full Version : Isogg y-tree needs to be updated.

venustas
06-23-2014, 04:38 AM
http://www.isogg.org/tree/ISOGG_YDNATreeTrunk.html
Absolutely still does not show the fact that P is closer to M and S, than it is to N , and O, and it does not show how Q and R make a single clade within P.

Isogg does not yet acknowledge the existence of haplogroup X y-dna.
M1205, M1221/PF5911, PF5969 along with L405/PF5990 may comprise a new MP or MPS subgroup. L405/PF5990 is currently listed only as an equivalent to P. Listed 30 March 2014. (WHICH IS ESTABLISHED)
CTS11667, F650/M2346, M2308/Z4842, M2313/Z4858, M2339/Z4952, Z12176, Z12216 may comprise a subgroup upstream from NO. Listed 30 March 2013 (WHICH IS ESTABLISHED)

All they do is investigate, and never update, the site is unreliable and is a dubious source.

GTC
06-23-2014, 09:35 AM
All they do is investigate, and never update, the site is unreliable and is a dubious source.

As a generalization that statement is untrue. The R1b branch, for example, is frequently updated.

If you have a beef with ISOGG, email their Y-DNA Haplogroup Tree Coordinator Alice Fairhurst. Her address is on the main page.

lgmayka
06-23-2014, 11:03 AM
Unreliable and dubious are very strong terms, almost accusations. But you are correct that the ISOGG haplotree is maintained by volunteers who typically have other, more pressing volunteer duties such as project administration, and who have been overwhelmed and almost submerged by the tsunami of new data triggered by the Big Y (and to a lesser extent FGC and Chromo2).

The simplest solution is, Volunteer yourself!

Wing Genealogist
06-23-2014, 12:43 PM
ISOGG has a set of criteria which needs to be met before a new SNP is placed on their haplotree: http://www.isogg.org/tree/ISOGG_SNP_Requirements.html While it is virtually certain the new information from the Haplogroup K paper would be able to meet these requirements, it is still necessary for someone to submit this information to ISOGG. As others have stated, ISOGG is run by volunteers, who typically do not have the spare time required to do this legwork themselves.

venustas
06-23-2014, 03:41 PM
The simplest solution is, Volunteer yourself!

How do you do that?

AJL
06-23-2014, 04:14 PM
http://www.isogg.org/tree/ISOGG_YDNATreeTrunk.html {...}
does not show how Q and R make a single clade within P.

If you knew how to read a phylogentic tree, you would see that Q-M242 and R-M207 are both one extra pip under R meaning they are at the same level, both children of P.

ISOGG can not be held responsible for user error.

venustas
06-23-2014, 05:05 PM
If you knew how to read a phylogentic tree, you would see that Q-M242 and R-M207 are both one extra pip under R meaning they are at the same level, both children of P.

ISOGG can not be held responsible for user error.
I know how to read it what I meant was that ISOGG does not acknowledge the existence of a more divergent P in se asia.
----------
ISOGG
P
* Q
* R
= OUTDATED
------------------
Updated
P
*P0 (CALL IT WHAT YOU WANT FOUND IN SE ASIA)
*QR
**Q
**R

venustas
06-23-2014, 05:12 PM
The A haplogroup is thought to have been defined about 60,000 years bp.
Isogg still has this outdated info, how do I edit isogg?

DMXX
06-23-2014, 05:18 PM
Isogg still has this outdated info, how do I edit isogg?

Please see GTC's post. This forum doesn't represent ISOGG, although I imagine we have members that contribute to the society's website upkeep. At this point I can only recommend consulting firmly with whomever may be in charge of the pages you take issue with.

venustas
06-23-2014, 05:36 PM
I emailed her hopefully she fixes (or allows me to fix) the problem.

AJL
06-23-2014, 06:54 PM
I know how to read it what I meant was that ISOGG does not acknowledge the existence of a more divergent P in se asia.
----------
ISOGG
P
* Q
* R
= OUTDATED
------------------
Updated
P
*P0 (CALL IT WHAT YOU WANT FOUND IN SE ASIA)
*QR
**Q
**R

I see. As others have said ISOGG does not update the tree in real time nor without review, and any proposed changes must be submitted formally.